Chapter 4-Betrayal

Finally another chapter woohoo. You know what you have to do VOTE, COMMENT and maybe FAN!!! :)

Chapter 4

Adriana strained her eyes open, a melodic and blissful tune filled the room. She was confused for a moment on her surroundings, her eyes were still sore and slightly bruised. It was as if her body was floating into mid air. She could see luscious fruit growing endlessly, she could hear the sounds of joy and harmony.

Children laughing happily, couples sitting under a magnolia tree whispering romantic words and even the elderly enjoyed the merriment of life. Adriana believed she was in heaven. She scanned the limitless area for a sighting of her family, when she noticed them in the distance.

Her mothers hands were extended waiting longingly to embrace her daughter, her father and brother watched silently waiting for Adriana to move. Adriana tried to move but her muscles and joints were stiff, she tried to call for them but no sound exited her mouth.

Suddenly the sounds of joy faded, her family faded away like a blurred image, the emerald green grass darkened, the weather turned miserable. Adriana's body started sinking as if she was trapped in quicksand. She tried to struggle to get free but her body resisted to make any movement.

"You are not destined to join us yet."

Her mothers calm, soothing voice whispered in the wind, bringing tears to Adriana's eyes.

A cold and sudden splash of water hit her as she blinked away the tears and wiped away the water. She was finally brought back to reality as she watched Antonio pace around the room in nervousness. His eyes immediately lit up when he saw Adriana had finally awoken.

He rushed to her side caressing her face and examining the damage he had inflicted. Adriana noticed a hint of concern in his eyes, but she refused to believe that he felt somewhat sorry for what he had done?

Alonso walked in smiling modestly at Adriana before calling his brother away. Adriana's senses and feelings came flooding back, she felt a stinging and burning pain engulf her face. She steadied herself up and walked to the cream, ornate vanity table.

Shutting her eyes tightly, afraid of the image of her face. Adriana patted the swollen parts of her cheek softly. Hissing in agonizing pain each time she touched a wound. Adriana bit her bottom lip, slowly opening her eyes.

She gasped in horror and shock as she examined her face. Majority of her face was puffy and lumpy due to the dark blue and purple bruises. There was some slight cuts marked in a distorted manner oozing with crimson blood.

Adriana wanted to cry, she wanted to scream and pull at her hair frantically. But she refused to show any sign of weakness or emotion. She refused to allow Antonio a sense of power or might over her. Instead she walked downstairs wearing the blood stained clothes.

Adriana lowered her gaze to the floor so that she wouldn't have to see his monstrous face. She heard a slight gasp coming from Adona and the room filled with silence.

Alonso walked up to Adriana, touching her face delicately, making her flinch in pain. She stared into Alonso's eyes, it was mesmerising. A small smile crept on Alonso's face as he leaned forward, that his head was pressed to Adriana's.

He opened his mouth, the warmth hit Adriana's face making her melt inside. The smell of peppermint drifted out of his mouth, making Adriana's stomach gurgle quietly. He whispered softly

"Adriana, I promise I will not allow my brother to touch you again."

His voice sounded promising but Adriana found it slightly deceiving. She refused protection from any of the Bonaducci brothers, after all she hadn't forgotten they were the cause of her family's death.

"I promise." Alonso repeated snapping Adriana out of her thoughts, then out of the blue. Alonso pressed his lips against Adriana's smooth lips. Adriana felt stunned and was unable to move, but her insides were exploding with emotions.

The kiss was deepened and the fiery sparks and shivers were endless around Adriana's body. Half of her body was in denial and the other half was filled with passion and lust. Adriana was just about to open her mouth when Alonso was yanked away.

Adriana watched Antonio's eyes fill with anger. Which brought back horrible and painful memories of last nights incident. However Adona's eyes were embedded with tears and hidden deep behind them were hatred and betrayal towards Adriana and Alonso.

Antonio firmly slapped Alonso shouting at him in a disgusted manner

"Have you no shame kissing another woman in front of your pregnant wife and brother?"

Alonso smiled and replied bitterly.

"Have you no shame killing your wife's family...?"

Antonio stood stunned his face was expressionless, he stared at Adriana with sorrowful eyes. He then turned to his brother unable to come up with a reply. Antonio walked away feeling betrayed that his brother brought up his murky past in front of Adriana.

Sooo sorry for the SUPER late upload but exams were getting in the way. But I hope you guys enjoyed it and I will try my best for a quicker upload for the next chapter. Anyways remember to VOTE & COMMENT :)