Chapter 2: 'You're not a boy'

Author's note: Hi! If you're reading this, that probably means you liked the first chapter and you want to see what happens next. If that's so, then thank you very much. I hope you'll like this chapter! If you do, please vote and comment! <3

Chapter 2

I was sitting at our usual table in the back of a cafeteria with Chris, April and Gabby. April was making weird faces and noises while Chris laughed his head of watching her making a fool of herself. Gabby shock her head at them and continued typing on her phone.

My head was stuck in a book, like always. But I didn't read. My mind was occupied with the things Chris told me. Tyler is coming back. I couldn't help but feel nervous. What will he do to me? He must be planing something extremely awful. He knows I'm terrified of spiders. What if he brought some gross spider from Spain? It would be just like him. He did it in sixth grade. I still remember when he came to me with his hands behind his back and a smirk on his face. When he presented me with a huge, hairy, black, eight legged creature, I fainted while he probably laughed. It was so traumatizing.

I pray he won't do it again. But he probably will. It's Tyler.

But...what if he brings something worse? There are just a few things I hate more then spiders and Tyler knows most of them. That's why he is the first.

I paled when I thought about him bringing something worse then spiders. What if he brings snakes? Oh my God! What if he brings some European lizard with poisonous saliva and it bites me and I become paralyzed and Tyler laughs and my body starts to turn into ashes and I-

"Katie!!" I looked up to find Chris waving a hand in front of my face and April and Gabby watching me with concern in their eyes.

I shock my head. "What?"

Chris put his hand over mine and asked: "Are you okay?"

I looked down at my book. "I'm fine. I was just thinking about..." I made a face and I knew they understood that I was thinking about Tyler.

Chris's eyes softened. "Katie..don't worry. Everything will be okay. Tyler...he..he will change and you're going to see how good he actually is."

I frowned. "Good? What the-"

"Katherine!" At first I was confused by that voice. I knew who the voice belong to, I just didn't understand why was she talking to me. I slowly turned around to see Emily standing there with her hands on her hips and two sidekicks on every side of her.

"Yes?" I asked slowly. April watched them with her eyebrows raised while Gabby glared at the salad in front of her. Emily's friends ignored them and focused on Chris who looked quite surprised to see them talking to us. He smiled and all of them giggled and started twirling their hair around their fingers. I rolled my eyes, typical.

I looked at Emily who was frowning. I guess she didn't wanna be seen talking to me. "Mother told me to remind you we are having guests tonight. You have to be home by five." With that she turned around and walked away, her friends skipping behind her.

I sighed. I forgot about that even though our Mother reminded us every chance she got. One of her college friends is going somewhere to do something I don't really care about and she can't take her son with her. My Mom offered that he stays with us for a few months. Mom says he is a really nice boy and that we'll like him. I'm not good with kids so I'm not excited at all.