chapter 2

Monday afternoon

That day Rick got  home as usual after buying some fizzy cherry pops from the Ragmans sweetshop on 24th West Avenue. "Why am I being such an idiot these days"grumbled Rick

"I just don't get it, before, I used to be all cheerful and helpful but now I am just pissed off every single day".

Rick kept muttering darkly to himself all the rest of way home; people walking by thought that either he was on heroin or he was mentally psycho. Rick just gave these kind of people  a dark glare. As he came round the corner to his street an ambulance roared past, blue lights flashing and siren screeching. Rick thought to himself "Please don't turn right". But the ambulance turned right and suddenly, without thinking of the consequences, Rick started to sprint. He rounded the corner and fear gripped his lungs like a steel band. There before him was Jackie laying face down in the ground, surrounded by debris, paramedics rushing over to her with oxygen masks and and other medical stuff. Their house was on fire but not any old fire, this one glowed a strange, eerie purple colour turning the snow etheral and the ice skeletal. "If I'm  dreaming which I'm not " thought Rick, "This is too real".

The paramedics loaded Jackie int o the back of the ambulance talking to one another, saying "It's amazing how she wasn't dangerously burned" and

"Why is she not unconscious, she should have either gone into cardiac arrest or got smoke inhalation"

At that remark, a fresh wave of anger soared through Rick with the rage of the Dragon. He made a fist and ran at the paramedic and bent his elbow back to punch the man's jaw but as he swung his arm to lash out at him, before the fist even touched or even shook him to the bone, something weird, completely out of the ordinary, happened. The guy flew back, straight at the burning wreck but just before the his body hit the flames, it disintegrated, turning slowly into a wreath...a Shinobri takuhara. "Ok" thought Rick "How on fricking Earth did I know that".

"You always knew what we are" said a cold voice, full of menace, senting shivers down Ricks spine. Rick turned to see the wreath staring at him with glaring, glowing green eyes, hatred roared though his eyes. His face and body were that of a skeleton but covered in a hooded black robe. His robe shoulders were covered in the chaos flame of the Shadow Dragon, one of his skeletal hands were extended and Rick saw there was a dark blue metal wristband covered in Japanese symbols of darkness but a picture of a dragon curled up in the form of the Shadows. The wreath snapped his fingers and hissed "Fall to sleep little warrior, your time will come, but for now sleep". And with that the wreath disappeared in a green flash and Rick fell to the ground asleep.