chapter 5

The next day Rick woke a wee bit unsteady of his surroundings because every corridor seemed the same but eventually found his way out to the training arena. Tamogashi was teaching the older students. "Remember clear your mind, see your opponents next move and use it against him" said Tamogashi calmly. The students then were divided into groups of 3 and sat meditating in the sand, forming a triangle. Rick stepped forward and suddenly all the ninja's jumped up and landed on their feet in a stance. Rick's mind went blank but he took up a stance anyway. Somewhere from in the trees, a clap rang out and all the ninja's charged in defencive formation. Rick ducked and weaved, blocked and fought back with the power of a dragon inside of him. "Jo-Lan draco" Rick shouted and thrust his hand forward as if he was using the Force, like in Star Wars. The students had never seen an attack like this and were thrown back by an humungous surge of power. Rick finished that move then shot forward and hit one of the bigger ninja's with a push of energy from the tiger. "Jo-Lan Tigerus" roared Rick. The giant ninja was shoved back, even he couldn't withstand such an attack and fell flat on his face. "Impressive" said another voice, this one different to Tamogashi's, it was impressed, cold and calm. Turning round, Rick came face to face with a man wearing emerald green robes embroided in purple and gold. He was a thin man with an earring in his right ear. On his left wrist, he wore a red band. There was picture of the snake, one of the Zodiac signs. "Impower of the darkest Ying" he shouted. There was a whirl of green energy and the man was engulfed and when the cloud of energy burst, his face and hands were covered in scales and he had a forked tongue like a snake. " I am the Zodiac Master, tremble before me".