chapter 3

Rick woke to the sound of howling. Looking round, his eyes came into contact with a lindworm. The lindworm's body kept coiling around itself, it fearsome yellow eyes stared at Rick with an amused look. "Shove off, you giant worm" growled Rick. Rick liked to read, mostly about China and that part of South East Asia because of all the samurai's, ninja's, warriors and most importantly Dragons. Rick could guess that, because of this lindworm, he was somewhere in Tibet. How he knew that he wondered. Outside it was blowing a gale, snow and sleet pounded the hills, Rick was lucky because he was in a cave, covered at the front by a silk curtain embroided with the Golden Dragon of light. "There is no need to fear" said a gentle voice from the back of the where a fire burned bright, warm and powerful. Rick stepped cautiosly towards the fire, for his mom always said, 'beware strangers'. Just remembering this made Rick tear up but in order to stay strong he had to stand firm so he walked towards the fire and sat in a perfect lotus position. The speaker was a middle-aged man wearing beige robes with a hood. His moustache was the kind of one you see in Kung-Fu movies were the sensei has a long 'tache'. He wore no amulet but had the air of a Sensei who had taught students and they had become great warriors. "You have come a long way Richard Miester" said the man. Rick just sat there listening intently. " I am Sensei Tamogashi".

"Why am I here" muttered Rick

"Because you can't go home and anyway your mother wanted to come here to Japan" replied the old man, smiling serenely, as though he was enjoying Rick's reaction. "But first we must train you or all of the world will go under a terrifying new age.... OF DARKNESS.