two

I hope y'all like it so far. Leave me some comments on how you think of it. I love love LOVE feedback and would be very grateful. And if you guys wanna give me some suggestions of what and who to put in the story, that'd be awesome. Don't forget to vote and comment. I love you to pieces.

- xoxo jordan k.

There was a small boy cowering by the side of the cave. His arms were wrapped around his knees that were pulled up to his chest. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes that were filled with horror. He was shaking so badly. I felt bad for the kid. He arms and legs were like toothpicks. It makes me wonder when's the last time he had a meal.

"Uhm... We're not here to hurt you." Louis said as he kneeled down in front of the boy. He jerked back and definitely showed that he didn't want us here to scare him. I took my backpack off of my shoulders and zipped it open. The kid eyed me to watch carefully at what I was doing. I took out a can of pears that me and Louis were saving for an emergency. This seemed almost like one. The boys eyes widened and he looked at me with hope.

"You hungry?" I asked him. He nodded faster than I have ever seen someone nod in my life. I grabbed my knife and cut a hole in the top. I grabbed a pear and ate it. I held the can out to him and he grabbed a pear as well. He put the food up to his mouth and smelled it. He looked as if he was in heaven. He vacuumed it into his mouth and swallowed it in a matter of two seconds. I handed the can to Louis and he graciously took it.

"I'm Harry and this is Louis." I pointed to Louis and he waved to the boy.

The kid looked up at me and Louis hesitantly. "I'm Ricky.." He choked on the words as they fell out of his mouth.

"You're all on your own here?" Louis asked, I shot him a look to tell him to not be so straight forward. I mean, the boy is already scared enough.

"Ya.. My parents left to find supplies... They left a week ago." He looked like he was going to cry. Ricky seemed as though he was warming up to us more though. That was probably just because we offered him some food.

"Wow.. I'm so sorry man." I said. I tried to move closer to him to comfort Ricky, but he backed away. I grabbed the can of pears and took one as he stared at me. I passed the can to him.

"You can have the rest." Louis told him. Ricky's eyes lit up and he smiled at us. He sucked it all down and looked content. "How old are you?"

"I'm 10 years old." Poor kid.

"Well.. would you like to become part of our... group? Maybe we can help you look for your parents." I told him.

He looked at us both. Ricky most likely doesn't trust us, but what else would he do? Wait until someone else comes up here? Next time they might not be so friendly. "I guess.." He answered. Me and Louis smiled at each other.

We set up for our night and all shut our eyes to rest. I laid my backpack under my head and fell asleep faster than ever.

I dreamed of a girl. She had long, beautiful brown hair. Her eyes glistened and were a carmel color. Everything about her was perfect. Her lips faded into a slight smile and she looked at me. Her eyes became softer and I felt a connection to her. Almost as though I was in love with this woman.

"Harry... Harry..... Harry." She said softly. She got a confused look on her face.

"Harry!" I awoke and Louis was shaking me saying my name.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Let's go. The sun is rising." I glanced over at the sun. A beautiful, blazing sun was coming to great this tormented world. I got up and brushed myself off. Not that it would matter but I do it and not even think about it. Ricky was standing up and picking at his nails. I didn't notice before but now that he is up, you can clearly see his ribs. It makes me feel bad to look at a kid like this.