Fishing at Sea

|Author's note: this is many many years in the future as I said before the first chapter was the past/origin of the story. This is an rp book and Soda has her designated characters and I (Alora) have mine. This will be the format for most of the story.|

Soda:

With one last grunt, she dropped her baby sister, Christa, on the bed. She lazily threw the covers over her and huffed, stepping out of the room. Iolana opened her bedroom window and climbed up to the roof where she sat at the edge and let her feet swing as she watched the sunset, eyes shimmering gold with the sun's reflection. At last, her chores were done and her sisters were put to sleep after she had their energy drained from them by playing tag and dancing to kid-pop. Iolana stripped a hair-tie from her wrist and tied her poofy, bright red hair into a high ponytail.With this moment of peace, she gazed on the gentle waves that sparkled in the light. She could feel it talking to her, the ocean calling her name and tempting her to take a ride.

Alora:

The distant sound of someone climbing a ladder got slowly louder until a head popped out from the house, looked over at Iolana, smiled, and climbed fully out. It was Iolana's friend, Darla, "Hey, girl, couldn't help but notice you're done with you chores, jobs, and your sisters are asleep." She said with a big goofy grin across her sun tanned face. She plopped down next to Iolana, bringing her black braided hair in front of her as she looked at Iolana with a mischievous twinkle in her light brown eyes.

Soda:

Hearing Darla come and sit beside her, she rested her arms behind her head and layed on her back with a heavy sigh of her own. "Yeah, I finally get a break. For once, I have a few hours left to spare today. Dad isn't home yet, thank the stars." After a few moments she shifted her head to look at her best and only friend. Yes, everyone on board knew who Iolana was. She was known as the hardworking girl who always puts herself to help others in their task. Also known as 'red-head', 'Red', 'Monkey', etc. But, those people weren't her friends or family. Darla was the only one. "So, came to check up on me? Or you got some news?"

Alora:

"Well, partially to check up on you but it was to check if you could do something... or go somewhere?" She hesitated for a second, laid down next to Iolana, looked into her eyes with her determined expression, "Sooooo there's a party down at the docks tonight and seeing as you have some down time... you're coming with me tonight and having a good time! And that's not a request that is an order young lady! I'm not taking no as an answer you need this!"

Soda:

Iolana frowned and sat up. "A party? Listen, you know I'm all down for a great time, but I gotta stay with these two. They can't be by themselves.", she said, looking down at the city below. Truth was, she didn't want to be around them. Most of the kids her age didn't like her and thought she was all work and no play.

Alora:

Darla, knowing her friend well, rolled her eyes, and sighed, "Look, chica, that would work on anyone else. But not me. I know those goo goo eyes you're making! Come on! They're asleep! And by the looks of them, they are NOT going to wake up for a WHILE! You're mom is fine and resting! We HAVE to go before the big man comes back!"

Soda:

She narrowed her eyes at Darla and pursed her lips. "I don't make no goo goo eyes!" With a sigh,she crossed her arms and closed her eyes, a serious expression on her face. "OK fine. But, we gotta be back before Dad gets here, got it?" She couldn't hold back a smirk.

Alora:

A big smile from ear to ear appeared on Darla's face, "Yeah yeah! Let's get going!" She started off, leading the way, but not before whispering, "and you do to make goo goo eyes!" Chuckling, going down the ladder.