Chapter x6

When I was walking in the hall, to lunch, I caught River's glance. I smiled at him, and he glared at me.

After that, I was determined to talk to him. I called his name multiple times, but he just ignored me.

When we got in the lunchroom, I got my food and sat down.

I was just about to take a bite of my hot dog, when I glanced up, and saw River leaving the lunchroom. I took a quick bite, threw my tray away, and followed after him. I saw him, and quickly, but quietly, continued to follow.

He went in the boy's bathroom.

Okay, no way am I going in there. I did once, and I will forever be scarred. So, I waited for him behind the wall, so he couldn't see me when he stepped out, tapping my foot, impatiently.

Okay, twenty freaking minutes.

Seriously?

He's been in there twenty minutes. I'm not even in there that long!

What's he doing in there?

Woe, wait a second. Never mind, I don't want to know...

I heard the bathroom door open three minutes later.

Finally! After twenty-three minutes!

I stepped out from behind the wall, and cornered him where he couldn't leave.

"Woe!" He said, jumping back. Then, he realized it was me, and turned on the glare.

"What do you want?" He asked, venom seeping through his voice.

"What do I want? Maybe a thank you?" Okay, so I didn't want a thank you, per say. But, I knew I wanted something. I'm just not sure of what that is, yet...

He cocked his head to the side, confused.

"Okay, so maybe a thank you isn't all I want. I want an explanation. I want a reason. I want to know what I did. Did I mess up, somehow? Did I mess up by helping you? Did you want to get beat up by those losers?" I asked, he seemed shocked by my multiple questions.

He just stood there, staring at me.

"Well? Say something! If you don't, I'll keep asking questions! I swear I will!" I threatened. He didn't say anything.

"Okay, but remember, this is your fault. W-" He cut me off.

"I don't know," He muttered, looking at his feet.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know. I didn't know what else to do! You're going to hate this, but honestly, what guy wants to be saved by a girl?" He asked.

I stayed silent.

"That's right, not one," He said. I suddenly felt mad.

"Seriously? Well, you know what? That may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my entire life! And, you know what else? If I wanted to, I could run all around here, screaming that I saved your butt from getting beat up, to the entire freaking school! But, guess what? I wouldn't do that! Because, that's not the kind of person I am. And, I'm also not the kind of person who glares at somebody who helped them out. Who looks at them like they could kill them. I'm not that kind of person, but I know someone who is. Lucky me," I yelled at him.

I have no idea where that came from.

He looked stunned. I glared at him, turned on my heels, and stomped off. I heard him yell my name, but I didn't look back. I just picked up my pace, and got as far away from him as I could.

I opened and closed the door.

"How was sc-" My mom stopped, when she say my face. It was streaked with dried tears.

"I told him everything," Was all I whispered.

"Oh, honey. Even how you feel?" She asked, hugging me.

"I left that part out," I mumbled. She chuckled lightly.

"I don't know what came over me," I said, shaking my head.

"Well, tell me everything you said," She said, sitting on the couch, and pulling me along. I told her everything I'd said. Everything.

After I finished, she just stared at me, did some click-y thing with her tongue, and said, "Oh, it'll all work out, honey."

Yeah, right.

My mom and I were sitting on the couch, watching TV, at around 8:45, when the doorbell rang.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, untangling myself from the blanket I was wrapped up in. When I finally stumbled to the door and opened it, no one was there.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I asked.

I stepped on the porch, and I almost took another step, but for some reason, I looked down first.

What's this?