Part 2

Night was nearing when the five of you arrived a half hour later to the car. It was getting more and more dangerous as the light faded. You only came across a few walkers, but you still never knew when you might walk up on a large group in the night. Usually you heard and smelled them first.

When you got to the car a slight pang in your heart hit you seeing it. The car was a black, Chevy Camaro with white racing stripes down its middle. You thought it looked to be from the mid '70s, but wasn't quite sure. It was pretty beat up, not surprising in this world and its age. It made you think about Dean's beloved Chevy Impala. The three of you had to ditch her not too long ago. She was just way too loud and attracted walkers like a magnet. The three of you filled what you could of the weapons cache in the trunk, then stowed her away in a safe place.

You heard Dean let out a low sigh and quickly knew he was thinking the same thing. Walking up to him as he was eyeing the Chevy in front of you, you placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring squeeze. "Maybe one day we can go get her back? What do you say?"

Dean shot you a quick smile down to you and looked like he got a little excited. "God I hope so. Definitely miss my baby."

You giggled at his remark, but quickly stopped when you heard a loud moan from what sounded like many walkers. One came out from the trees and lunged for you. Before you could pull your machete out of its sheath, an arrow whizzed by you right into the walkers' eye. You looked behind you looking to Daryl knowing it was him. "Thanks." You said while yanking his arrow out of the walkers' eye socket and handed it to him while wiping it off. You just heard another grunt from him and a quick nod as he walked away to the trunk of the car and dropped his gear in along with everyone else's.

"Come on, we're losin' daylight an' it sounds like more than one ov um coming." Daryl said to you and grabbed your arm guiding you to the car. Aaron was in the driver's seat already along with Sam in the backseat and Dean in the passenger's seat.

Daryl opened the door for you which you then slid in beside Sam in the middle. Daryl looked annoyed that he had to sit in the backseat but reluctantly got in next to you. "How far is the place from here?" Sam asked.

"Alexandria is about an hours drive from here. But I'm gonna push it since we've lost most of the daylight." Aaron answered while driving off into the near-darkness.

"So that's what you call the place, Alexandria?" You stated since they never told you what the community was called.

"Yep, so just sit tight and we'll be there soon." Aaron quickly answered.