Chapter 36 - 반응 [BAN-EUNG](Reaction)

I continued watching to movie, surprised to find out Jungkook had any other interest in movies that were not action or thriller films. I drank some coffee Namjoon had made a while before while he had his boredom crisis before leaving the living room. I was so drawn into the plot, images, and hangul subtitles that I nearly didn't notice Hoseok softly wrap his arm over my shoulders on the couch. Nearly. I rolled my eyes, a sense of déjà vu hit me as I rested my head comfortably on his chest. Hoseok's chest rumbled with a chuckle while he shifted a little in his corner.

"I was being subtle you know. What if Namjoon-ah walks in?"he asks, a teasing whine in his voice.

"What? We're just watching a movie."I say,"What's so bad about relaxing?"

"For us it may seem like relaxing, Namjoon-ah may see it as me...flirting."he sighs, taking his arm away and scooting a bit to the far side of me.

"Well, do you think you're flirting?"I ask, raising a brow when he 'tsk'ed and faced the screen with shakey eyes."Flirting doesn't lead to anything."

"I'm not flirting I swear."says Hoseok defensivly, a small laugh after,"I'm usually really touchy with the other members. Although they have never seen me react to skinship with a girl. Imagine Namjoon-ah walking in to see us hugging, he'd flip. He gets jealous very easily."

"I've never seen him full out jealous, and I doubt he'd care if we were watching a movie in that position. I mean it's not like Namjoon-oppa and I are dating, he has no reason to be jealous. You aren't even flirting, you admitted it."

And that was what I presumed to be the end of it. What I thought would end there, only erupted into a pool of startled emotions that were sparked by a kiss. Hoseok had moved in while I was distracted by the events in the movie and to my confusion, had placed his lips on mine for only a short time before hopping back into his spot.

"I wasn't flirting before. But I sure am now."he mumbled, eyeing Namjoon's bedroom door.

My eyes were still wide as I tried to understand this guy's thinking. Kissing me at a time like this, or even kissing me at all was never a thought in my mind. My voice was soft as I spoke.

"Why did you do that?"

Hoseok sighed and glanced between me and the closed bedroom door of his fellow member."I know I shouldn't've done that. But to tell you the truth, I wish I'd done it sooner. I wouldn't be able to feel this guilty."

"Why would you feel guilty?"

"Namjoon-ah gets jealous easily. I told you that."he says, pointing at the door."He told me that he had feelings for you after we got back from Japan. Since I was his hyung, he thought I could give him some advice as to how he should get you to like him back. If that was even possible. The fact that Namjoon-ah didn't know that I held the same feeling he had towards you made me a bit uneasy you know, if he found out that I loved you this much...he would never look at me again."

I started to understand everything. This was just another problem and misunderstanding. Namjoon had told him about what had happened, definantly. And now Hoseok thought it was unfair for him to confess to me in such a way because he knew that Namjoon had feelings for me as well. Hoseok noticed my silence and continued.

"If he saw me acting close with you...he would feel betrayed. Like I was ignoring that he loves you as well. Namjoon-ah would think that I used him, if I were him...knowing my desire...I would never forgive myself."he explained, drawing his eyes toward the ground."Why does love need to be so difficult?"

I looked back at the TV, seeing that the credits were rolling down when I never even noticed."So all those times we hung out...did you see me as a friend or as a crush?"

"If I said 'crush' would you ever want to hang out again?"Hoseok questioned, a small smile on his face appeared as he tried to lighten to mood."Don't mistaken why I wanted to go to the movies with you in the first place, I really thought you were an amazing and nice person. And I thought right...I saw you as a crush ever since then."

My cheeks blazed with his confessions. He was one of the only people I could see as a friend and only a friend. I never wanted anyone to see me as their crush, as much as they flatter me I would much rather have them accept me for who I am as a friend instead of a lover. And now, it's much harder to stay friends with them all acting this way towards me.

"I know you don't feel the same."Hoseok says, nodding his head while speaking."Firstly Namjoon-ah has an interest in you. And many of the others do to. Jiminie and Kookie came to me asking for advice recently because they knew that I hung out with you the most, well besides Yoongi-hyung. You should know of their feelings as well right?"

"Yeah...I know."I sigh, swirling the coffee around in my cup."Hoseok-oppa can I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course."

"Please don't act any differently since you told me this."I request, noticing Hoseok's surprised expression,"I like hanging out with you. You're right, I don't really feel the same way. But that's only me, I couldn't care less if the others liked me too. Even if you were the only one, I wouldn't feel the same way right away. I like being friends, I would prefer staying friends with all of you. I can't accept your confession right now. I'm sorry."

I didn't dare meet his eyes and instead looked toward the empty coffee table, the tension in the air was high.

"Roxi, I'll promise to not act differently."he says,"I always treated you like a friend, even when I saw you as a crush. I...just want you to know that I'll probably keep having these feelings for you until you accept one of our confessions. And when that happens...I won't be offended."

I smile and hold in a giggle,"Thank god. I would feel guilty as hell."

Hoseok chuckled and wrapped his arm around me once more, this time allowing me to accept his hug by laying my head on his shoulder. Hoseok changed the channel to a news station, only a few seconds later Namjoon's door opened and he walked out into the living room. He stopped for a mere moment before walking in, avoiding eye contact from Hoseok and I. I bit my tongue to hold myself back from saying anything that may trigger him into showing his jealous side.  Hoseok tried not to say anything either or act akward by watching the TV.

"You two seem comfy."Namjoon blurts from the kitchen counter."How was the movie?"

"Ah, it was alright."I answer, seeing Namjoon giving Hoseok a glance while coming over to sit next to me."It wasn't as interesting as I thought."

Namjoon nodded, elbowing Hoseok's arm off my shoulders when he believed I wasn't noticing. I shook my head and rested against the couch after shifting upright. We watched the TV in silence, if I could kick Hoseok I would, seeing that he was just acting awkward about the whole situation. I tuned out the TV while seeing the shadows shift as the sun dwindled over the building next to us. The three of us flinched when were heard the front door open. Jimin and Jungkook walked in with groceries. Jimin saw me and quickly looked back at the door, saying he had to grab more things in the car to excuse himself, Jungkook spared me a quick wave and smile.

"Noona, Suga-hyung wants to talk to you."Jungkook says,"He's out in the hallway right now."

"Okay thanks Kookie."I thank, getting up from my spot and smiling at Namjoon and Hoseok."Thanks for having me guys."

"No problem."Namjoon says, making eye contact with me for the first time since I came here.

Hoseok smiled brightly and waved me off to see Yoongi. Jungkook handed me a bag of candies with a note attached to it as I went out the door. I grumbled at him, only getting a small laugh in return as he closed the door.