Stuck // Chapter 7

Recap:

I gave final byes and hugs, tae and kookie gave me a longer hug than the rest of them. They all waved me while I turned around heading towards my car. Out of their lives.

Im sorry guys. Please forget these days like it was a dream.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I stepped into my appartment with the extra pair of keys which I always have. The warm familiar air hit my face and I was welcomed with the sweet smell of chocolate chips.

Mom Must've been making cookies!!

MOM!

"MOMMY YOUR DAUGHTER IS BACK-EU! WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted. I missed her so much. I really am a mamas little girl.

"Oh my baby. Youre home! How are you? Go take a shower and freshen up! I'll give you some proper food to eat and then you can have the cookies I especially made for my little girl." Mom gushed at me.

I happily skipped, yes skipped, to my room. Took off my uniform and changed into some comfortable clothes after taking a nice warm shower.

I was happy to be back home but there was this feeling I could not shake off. Like something was missing. Mom had prepared my favourite food but I had lost my appetite. Somewhere deep in my heart I knew what I was doing was not right, but Im already leaving Korea next week so there's no point in contacting them.

Mom noticed my gloomy face and gave me the chocolate chip cookies. She didnt ask what happened and Im glad she didn't.

"Thanks mommy. I'll miss these when I go to the US. No matter what I do, I can never make these as yummy as you." I pouted and hugged my mom.

She hugged back immediately kissing the side of my face lovingly. "Oh baby Im gonna miss you so much, Aigoo, how did my daughter grow so much? Dont make me cry Im wearing expensive makeup." She ruffled my hair.

"Why are you so ready Ma? Are you going on a date?" I interrogated suspiciously.

"Welllllll. No, yes, no, I mean Its just a friendly hangout between two people maybe?" She replied nervously.

"OH MY GOD MA. ITS ABOUT TIME. YOURE YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL YOU SHOULD TOTALLY START DATING AGAIN!" I jumped up and down in glee.

"So youre not mad at me?" It definitely looked like she was surprised at my reaction.

"Mad at you? No Ma. Its been so many years since dad has died. Even though you act all Happy, I know you feel lonely sometimes. Go for it! I support you. Just stay safe. And be back before 10 or you'll be grounded!" I fake scolded her.

"Aigoo this kid. Okay 'MOTHER' i'll come back soon. You go sleep, you must've been very tired." She hugged me again and left for her date.

"TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT WHEN YOU RETURN!" I shouted while closing the door as I shut it.

As soon as she left, the house became quiet. The feeling of emptiness returned. There was no one teasing me, no one running around the house, no random moments. Just me and my thoughts. For the first time, I was not comfortable in my own bed.

*1 week later*

I was finishing the last minute packing. Im about to do it, I cant believe I have been accepted to the best university of US on scholarship. All that hard work payed off.

My mom took me to the airport, even Mr. Min came along. Im gonna miss this old man. With final byes I was off to US, ready to start my new life.

*3 and a half years later*