Blinded by the Dark

"She's lost so much blood..." She heard Mistpool​ whisper outside of the medicine den. "She won't stop bleeding. I don't know when she's going to wake up..." She flattened her ears, her eyes still closed. 'I'm not deaf you know' The cat tried to open her eyes but immediately yelped in pain and closed them. Mistpool quickly ran through the entrance to the den.
   "Herbs.... Where in StarClan is the marigold...? Ah, here we are."
   The cat heard pawsteps toward her and something sort of soothing and sort of painful was smeared gently onto her eye.
   "Please stop...." The cat said, her eye hurting.
   "Willowpaw?! You're awake?!" Mistpool's voice was so shocked that it made Willowpaw giggle, despite the pain that she was going through.
   "No. I'm sleeptalking."
   "I have to tell your sisters and your mother, and your father was so scared for you!" Willowpaw heard receding pawsteps and Mistpool's scent faded.
   "Well that conversation didn't last very long..." Willowpaw had only talked to him for a second, but it had been better than when she hadn't had anyone to talk to. Willowpaw wanted desperately to be able to see, but any time she tried opening her eyes, all she could feel was pain on the right side of her face.
   'Maybe if I just open my left eye...' She gingerly opened her left eye only, cringing at the bright sunlight. The right side of her face stung a little bit, but didn't hurt too bad.
   "Huh... That worked better than I thou-"
   "OH MY STARCLAN, ARE YOU REALLY AWAKE?" One of her sisters raced in, her face bright.
   "...... No."
   "Oh. Mistpool you lia- wait a second....! Willowpaw, really?"
   "Yep!" Willowpaw smiled.
   "We've been so worried! This is not how you were supposed to wake up..." Willowpaw shrugged.
   "I guess I'm just that special then."
   "C'mon..... You've been asleep for two moons Willowpaw.... Is this really how you want to start out?"
   '........'
   "Two moons...?"