When Camera Blinks ❄

- please play Paper Hearts cover of JK

I picked Jimin's polaroid from my baby blue box where our memories together are stored.

I admired the photo. He's so fluffy. His baby chubby face that gives me smile whenever I get tired of studying gave me a different feeling now.

I dig more on some of his pictures, love letters, gifts and notes in my drawer, careful not to disarrange them.

I picked the letters and envelopes next, I remembered the day when he wrote me an apology letter for forgetting my birthday. My bestfriend just forgot my birthday. That very day when I expected him to come and console me because coincidentally, my parents got divorced.

I returned the letters right away, mostly apologies for forgetting a lot of things about me, my likes, important dates for us, events and moments that the two of us made. I put them back not having the strong heart to read them all again.

My eyes started to sting.

I opened a small case that contains our pictures together. Happy, silly, cutie, hottie. We're full of memories. He told me that we should write dates and short notes at the back of some polaroids to look back at them in the future.

I scanned each photos. Each polaroids reminds me of the good times. My mind flashes different throwbacks with each polaroids I stare into. It reminds me of the times when we are still carefree, happy and not worrying about anything. We just live our life just like how youth should enjoy theirs.

I was too engrossed in staring at the photos that I didn't hear Mr. Park calling me from downstairs.

"Yes I'm coming!"

I returned the photos quickly and closed the case but as I Iifted the box from my bed, I saw a polaroid underneath.

A picture of me and Jimin laughing together while holding ice creams and waffles, our cheeks are even stained but we didn't care. We were so happy together.

I returned the box first in my drawer and quickly picked up the polaroid, smiling.

"I'll show him this later."

I went downstairs, all dressed up, ready to go.

"Are you ready to see him?" Mr. Park, Jimin's father, asked excitedly.

"Of course, I have lots of stories to tell" I smiled cheekishly like a child.

"Then let's go."

Me and Mr. Park strolled for 30 minutes before we reach our destination. I'm nervous throughout the whole ride. I cant stop playing the polaroid with my fingers. I'm wondering what does Jimin looks like now. I'm wondering if he had eaten well, slept well. Worries are clouding my mind. I snapped out of my train of thoughts when the car stopped. I got out and became nervous even more.

I'm standing in front of Jimin's institute,

a mental institute rather.

Me and Mr. Park went in and find the room where Jimin is admitted to. We finally reached his room and now my heart is beating so wild like it will soon jump out of its cage. I breathe in deeply before touching the doorknob. I looked at Mr. Park and he gave me a reassuring smile.

I breathed heavily first and twisted the doorknob in anticipation. I opened the door slowly.

I saw him there.

Alone, sitting on his wheelchair.

Never in my life I'd wanted to see him in this view.

He's looking at the window and I cant help but feel weak. My breathing hitched.