Where I belong

*Ajar's P.O.V*

I really couldn't believe what had happened. After my 'little' adventure with Pitt and Gary I had been accepted into the Oasis where my true love lived, Eva. What a beautiful snake she was. I wish I could live within the same household with her but I am not trusted near her. I didn't matter what I did. I will always be considered a dustie to the Green snakes. For the time being I lived alone next to a pond. However it wasn't bad. I was well fed and hydrated every day unlike when I used to live in the suburbs. I still remember the time where I was beaten to a pulp whilst trying to defend a watermelon that I had stolen along with the help of Pitt. I have put that behind me and now I lived where I belong.

I was wrapped in my own coils resting on a branch overlooking my small pond. I started to drift off into my thoughts before I heard a knocking on my tree. I looked down and there was Gary. He was smiling at me and gestured me to come down the tree. I slithered my way down the tree onto the grass.

"Hey Gary, What's up?" I asked him while approaching him.

"Ohhh nothing much like normal you know" He replied finishing it off with a slow silent laugh.

"Is something wrong Gary?" I asked him again with a worried expression on my face.

He let out a deep sigh. "Well... I've been thinking lately. Ever since John-John went missing it's kinda got me paranoid, if you know what Im saying."

"I understand where you're coming from but I don't think there's anything to worry about." I said to him. He looked down sadly.

"How can you be so sure?" He said snapping his head back up.

"Look Gary, nothing is wrong. It just happened alright?" I told him. He looked down to the ground for a bit.

"Well...thanks Ajar, I have another question"

"I was wondering maybe you wanted to hang out with me?" He asked me shyly.

"Oh uhm sure no problem" I replied.

We both slithered together to the main pond. This just reminded me of the time where he confessed to me that he had no friends back at the oasis. During that time I felt sorry for him. It was like we found out that we had a lot of things in common. It seems that he has had a change in personality ever since he started to ease off the pollen. We continued to make our way to the pond when he brought up a question. "So Ajar, Hows everything going with my sister?" I looked at him for a second before replying. "Why don't ya ask her yourself?".

"Well it's because I always seem like a jerk towards her you know," He said sadly.

"Oh ok, everything's good" I said smiling

"Cool" He replied

For all I've been through, what I have now was worth the price. This is where I belong. With Gary, Pitt and Eva.