Chapter 2

Emeila whipped around until her eyes met those that matched that all-too-familiar voice. Her eyes went wide. 

"Damon?" She whispered.  

"How you been?" He smoothly replied. 

"G-g-good. You?" 

"Not too bad. Although, you did leave me a couple years ago, so I could be better." 

Emelia glared at him at that statement. At that moment, Matthew walked up with Alessia, who put her arms out for her mom. Emelia took Alessia from Matthew without breaking Damon's stare.  

"Momma? You have a kid now, huh, Lia? Didn't peg you for the type to get pregnant that young. Much less, by...him," Damon motioned to Matthew. There was fire in Emelia's eyes. Matthew moved behind Emelia, wrapping his arm around her waist protectively. 

"First of all, I don't appreciate what you are saying about Lia. She's nothing like that. Second of all, the likes of me? Really? Still jealous, Damon? And last but not least, Alessia isn't my daughter," Matthew interjected. 

"Oh? A third guy involved, Lia? Damon taunted. 

"No! There isn't another guy. Damon, listen to me!" Damon cocked his head towards Emelia. 

"Damon, Alessia...she's your daughter." 

"What? She can't be. We only...that one time..." Damon trailed off.  

"Damon, when I left you that July in 2009...I was six weeks pregnant. You were the only guy I was with then and two years prior to the split. Besides that, look at her. She looks like you, Damon." Damon glanced at the toddler playing with a lock of her mom's hair. Alessia looked at Damon. That's when Damon saw the resemblence. It was in her eyes and her facial structure. Sure, she had her mom's features too, but Damon's were more prominent. Alessia shied away from Damon and nuzzled her face in Emelia's neck, still watching Damon closely. Matthew had similar actions. He didn't like the fact that Damon had just "shown up" after almost three years of telling him to take a hike. He didn't deserve her, at least that's what Matthew thought.  

"What do you want, Damon?" Emelia strained, trying to keep her voice even. Damon stared hard at her and Alessia, making Emelia squirm under his intensive gaze. 

"You." Emelia's eyes widened, but she quickly regained her composure. 

"You had your chance, Damon. It's over," her tone turned icy.  

"Oh, my dear. It's far from over," Damon's eyes narrowed at her and he turned to leave.