Chapter 8

THIS IS THE SMUT CHAPTER!  THERE IS A WARNING WHEN IT STARTS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, IT GOES UNTIL THE END OF THE CHAPTER SO IF YOU DON'T WANNA READ IT YOU'RE AT THE END ONCE YOU HIT THE WARNING!  BUT EVEN THE PARTS THAT ARE NOT SMUT TALK ABOUT SEX.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Charlotte sat down on her and Alec's bed and let out a sigh.  She was exhausted, though all she'd done all day was go to the art place with Clary.  

"Hey," Alec said as he entered the room.  He sat down beside her, and took her hands in his.  "How about we go get something to eat?  We'll do something like Mundanes do, maybe dinner and a movie or something."

She smiled at him and nodded her head slowly.  "Sure, sounds good.  Give me a few minutes to get ready, okay?"

He nodded and gently kissed her forehead.  "I'll be waiting by the entrance to the Institute."

She nodded again as he left the room.  She got up and went into the bathroom, reaching for her hairbrush, but her hand caught something else.  She pulled it out and saw that it was one of Henry's old onezies, one of the ones Izzy had bought when he was born.  Her eyes teared up as she gently put the small clothing down.  She missed her baby, he was all she never knew she wanted.  As soon as he was in her arms for the first time, just a couple short days before, she knew.  She wanted to be a mother.

She wiped at her eyes and quickly found her hairbrush, then brushed through her long brown hair.  Once she was done she put the brush back in its place and went out to meet Alec.

He looked at her and smiled, but the look faded when he saw her expression.  "What's wrong?" he asked her.

She sighed.  "I miss Henry, that's all."  She wiped at her eyes again, then opened the door.  "So, where are we going?"

Alec took a moment to respond.  "Um, we can go get pizza or something?  Or do you wanna go to like, a nice restaurant or something?"

She shook her head.  "Pizza's cool with me."  She smiled at him and grabbed his hand as they began their walk.  When they got to the pizza place, they sat down after ordering and Alec looked at her.

"Let's have another baby," Alec said after a moment.  "No magic this time.  You're a mundane, so you can't fight anyway.  You can stay at the Institute and do research on Valentine's location, interrogate any Circle members we find...  We can do it this time."

She sighed.  "Are you sure about this?"

He nodded.  "We lost Henry because of magic.  Valentine knew we used magic on him, so he thought it was okay to do.  Let's have another baby, and not mess it up this time."  He reached across the table and took hold of her hand.  "If you don't want to do it right now, that's fine.  But I do think it would be nice.  It'd get your mind off Henry and you could do mundane pregnancy things to distract yourself."

She slowly nodded.  "You're right."  She squeezed his hand as she smiled.  "Let's have another baby.  When should we start trying?"

He shrugged.  "How about tonight?"

She nodded again, and her smile grew.  "Okay then.  When we get back to the Institute, we'll start trying to make a baby."

--

Charlotte looked at the Institute as she and Alec approached it.  Her hands were sweating slightly and she had butterflies in her stomach.  It wasn't her first time, they'd conceived Henry only a week or so earlier.  But she was still nervous.

Alec looked at her, obviously noticing her nervousness.  "We don't have to do this."

She took a deep breath.  "I want to.  I want to have another baby.  I'm just nervous, you know?"