Chapter 7

Mary's pov

I was woken up the following day by the sound of laughter in my bedroom. Slowly opening my eyes, I looked over with squinted, tired eyes to see that it was my sister, Ali, playing with my puppy.

"Oh my gosh, you have the cutest puppy ever!" Ali squealed once she realized I was awake

I chuckled at her before growing quiet as I looked around my room and wondered when I got home. I don't remember getting home. I don't even remember getting out of the car. I finally looked over at Ali, confused.

"Hey, Ali?" I sleepily called, making her look at me, "When did I come home yesterday?"

"Oh, you don't remember?" Ali asked, shocked as her face showed it as well

I shook my head, still confused, when she started giggling up a storm, making me look at her weirdly as a smile started growing.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle, which only made her giggles turn into laughter. I grabbed my pillow and lightly smacked her with a laugh, "What? You weirdo?'

Ali finally calmed down before saying, "You fell asleep on the way home. Johnny carried you to the front door. Mom told him where your room was, and he put you to bed."

I felt my face grow excruciatingly warm. He carried me to bed? That means-- I covered my face with a groan as embarrassment settled in.

"That means he saw my pictures."

"Oh yeah." Ali nodded, "He saw them."

For the whole day, we talked about how our nights went yesterday. She started saying how everything went with Daniel and how great it was, but then Johnny's friends Dutch and Tommy ruined it at the end. I explained how my night went, and she was shocked.

"You mean to tell me that Johnny's not a psycho who wants to fight all the time when his friends aren't involved?"

"Yeah." I nodded as I felt myself smile, "It was like old time. Old Johnny, my sweet and caring best friend," Then I grew sad as my eyes caught the photo of the day that Johnny first joined the dojo, "The sweet boy I lost because of that karate dojo. I was happy to hang out with that Johnny and not Cobra Kai Johnny."

I heard Ali sigh in annoyance, making me look at her as she looked lost in a memory, "The Johnny, I know, is a jerk who wanted to fight someone everywhere we went, either with or without his friends."

I gave her a teasing smirk while lightly pushing her shoulder, "Maybe you don't know how to tame the Cobra like I do."

We both bust out laughing, accidentally scaring Fang. Before either of us could say anything, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!"

The door opened to reveal my Mom, who gave me a teasing smile, "Johnny's on the phone."

I smiled at Ali before quickly going downstairs to answer the phone. I picked up the phone lying on the counter before saying a soft 'Hey, Johnny?'.

"Hey, Mary! I have a question."

"Okay, what's up?" I asked confused

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me tomorrow?"

I smiled as I started playing with the phone line, "Yeah, sure, I don't mind. What time?"

"I'll meet you outside of my karate class."

I felt my smile drop as I stood up a little straighter, now feeling nervous, "Umm, I don't know, Johnny."

"Please? I promise the guys will be on their best behavior. Bobby and I will make sure of it."