Chap 1

"-dogs talking-"

Pebbles(Jaws later on) opened her eyes to the sight of dogs in tiny crates and  to the stench of death, blood, and waste. This smell filled her nostrils everyday, and everyday it made  her nauseous. A little puppy, no more than 4 months old shouldn't be in this conditions, at least, her mother always told her. Her mother said she was lucky to have hidden her three pups,   Pebbles,  her brother bone, and her sister fox, for this long. All three were in danger, Pebbles especially. Pebbles was a runt, and since runts are usually weak, they are destroyed. If master found her, there was no telling what would happen. The pups couldn't be found.                    Master came stompinginto the room, banging on cages until he came  to Pebbles's mother's . "-whatever happened, never stop fighting. I love you, pups.-"  master  crudely opened the pups's crater and yanked Bloodymary, the pups's mother, out from the crate by the scruff. "Aye, what's that there?Puppies? JAMES! PUPPIES! PLACE THEM IN THEIR  OWN CAGES!" "-Goodbye, pups-"  Bloodymary whined for the first and  last time.  None of the pups ever saw their mother again, but they heard her in the arena.  Dogs barked and howled, yelped and screeched, whined and pleaded. Bloodymary included. She howled  in agony before the crowd went wild. Pebbles was taken to a strange room where she was thrown in a nasty cage with dog's blood painting the floor and metal bars. She was given dirty water and mushy dog food.  Pebbles couldn't see or hear her siblings anywhere, though she cried  for them. The only reaction was a whip reaching through the gaps in the cage and slapping her.