Chap 7

Sorry this chapter is so short! I'll try not to make anymore as short as this!

---&&------------

It felt like another normal day to Jaws. She won the dog fight she had been in, trained for several hours, and was given water and food. She sat in her kennel, assuming the rest of the day she would sit in her cage. She was wrong. Master took her back out to train on the treadmill. On the way there, a sharp peice of metal  peeling off a fence post left a bleeding  cut across Jaws's front leg and  she began limping.  Master took no note of this, however, and without hesitation strapped the heavy collar on her and turned the machine on it's highest setting. Fro the  first half an hour Jaws tolerated the pain. She's had worse. By the first hour, she  ran on three legs, something she'd done when her leg was broken fighting another dog. Hour two, she could barely keep going, panting heavily until she collapsed. The treadmill  burned  her belly as she lay there,  but she did nothing. The pain was getting too intense in her paw for her to carry on. She knew master would punish her greatly for it, but she didn't care.   When master came back, he looked shocked for a moment. None of his dogs ever  attempted to just lay on the treadmill like that. he saw the cut on Jaws's leg, and walked up to her. He was amazed that Jaws could stand the treadmill rubbing against her like that, but was enraged she had stopped. He unhooked her  and put her down on the ground. He kicked her as hard as he could, sending her  flying across  the trai ing yard. Jaws was then thrown back into her cage.  Jaws knew she needed to get out of here soon.