Chap 8

Today was the day. She knew it. Jaws was going to break out of her prison. Though her body ached with pain,  she knew she could do it. All she had to do was wait for the right time. She was getting fed and watered that day,  so that's when she would time her escape. She would eat, then when it was time for another fight,  she would let them get her out of her cage, then she would make a run for it. She just had to wait  for the right time.. that probably meant all day.,but Jaws could wait.          Jaws heard the familiar footsteps of master. She heard him open each cage, toss brown mush in their feed bowls and dirty, brown water in their water bowls, then close the cage and go to the next one. When hr reached her cage and dumped the food and water In, she eagerly  gulped her food down, but was slower upon coming  to her water. She left some water for right before she was to escape, then curled up in her filth encrusted cage and slept.              Jaws  jumped up, growling, her head banging against the top of the  cage. "Ow..." She muttered. she then realized what was happening. She quickly took a short drink of water, then jumped out of the cage, towards the edge of the building. She ran through the  open door and barked happily, "I'm fre-"  a metal wire looped and tightened around her neck and yanked her back, away  from the freedom of the outside world. "Stupid nutt!" Master barked angrily. " let's go. He dragged her by thee scruffof her neck to the arena. She recognized  yhr other dog- a gray and white pitbull, just like her, with now dull, lifeless, coldblooded eyes  that only brought fear and pain to anyone who looked at them."Pebbles... Is that you? " she whispered, a spark of hope and life appearing in her eyes. "Yes.. It's me.... Its so great to see you agian....Mother."  The bell sounded, and instinct s took over Jaw's mother, once agian leaving nothing but lifeless eyes  that did anything master told her. Jaws  ran around the arena. She couldn't hurt her own mother. Her mother grabbed Jaws's ear, and tore oiff a large chunk. Her mother bit her flanks and tail, leaving bleeding wounds that stained her fur mother, I'm escaping!! Please! Come with me!...." She cried. Then Jaws knew. There was nothing left   of the mother  she had  once known and loved." Mother...."  She whineddq  The fight was finally called off, and both dogs restrained from each other. Jaws was smacked in the face before master lead her  to her crate it the truck.  She followed  calmly and silently until master  tried to. Pick her up. She  whipped around d, bit his arm, and ran into the awaiting woods. She could hear master's voice calling for her and his footsteps close behind here, but out of sight. She found an empty den of some strange kind of animal. It had a musky smell, but it was old, and she could fit, so she crawled in. She went to the end of the den, and exaushted,  curled up and fell asleep.