chap 6

Jaws laid in bright green grass, the sun warming her shining fur. A gentle breeze brought the sweet scent of flowers to her nose. Jaws looked up and watched a bluejay fly from one tree to another. he sang his song, fluttering from branch to branch as A few fluffy white clouds strolled across the bright sky. Jaws stood up and ran through the meadow, chasing every bug, bee, and butterfly that dared cross her path. She ran through a forest, across streams, through mountains and valleys, until she finally came to a lake. The lake was muddy and colored like blood. No trees of greenery surrounded it but old, gnarled trunks and dry, black fungi.as Jaws approached the lake, shge noticed Any animal that tried to approached and drink died minutes later, yet it left Jaws untouched. Jaws drank from the lake, tasting nothing but mud and a coppery flavor that was all too familiar. Jaws was thirsty, but this water was no good. She carried on, past the dead trees to a pond that had dark water and a few Small trees surrounding it. Any animal with severe injuries drank from the pond, and were cured in a matter of days. To jaws, it seemed dry and tasteless, so still, she walked on. She trudged a little ways into the water, before climbing out again and looked for a better water source. It seemed like weeks before Jaws found a third body of water. It was a Stream. A crystal clear, mirrorlike stream. Jaws looked at herself in the stream's reflection. Her mouth and face were blood colored from the lake, her fur matted with mud from the pond, and her paws dry and cracked. Jaws stepped into the stream and swam around in the cool, refreshing water. She felt the mud moisten and flow away with the current. Her paws were no longer ached or felt dry. He muzzle began to return to normal. She took a drink. The coldwater tasted sweet and hydrated her dried out body and refilled her energy. She swam towards the bank and relaxed. She was happy, and nothing else mattered. She didn't want to leave this place. Jaws lived in that happy little valley for several happy years. Until one day...

Jaws jolted awake. She found herself back in her cramped, filthy crate, other dogs barking and howling. Crowds cheered and cars roared past the hidden dogfight arena. Jaws wished she was back near the stream, tasting its sweet water, enjoying the freshness of the air, running free, where ever she wanted, not here, drinking stale, tasteless water, trapped in a cramped crate, and breathing in the musty odors of the hundreds of dogs in the same condition as her. Jaws longed for her mother, and for a loving master. She longed to be free and smell the grass and the trees. Alas, she knew it would never happen . She would never find a place to be loved or wanted. Never find a REAL place to call HER home.

!!!!!!I DO NOT OWN THIS ACRONYM!!!!!!!

Protector

Intuitive

Tender

Beauty

Unconditional

Loyal

Loving

Pitbull fact: in the early 1900's, pitbulls were used as 'nanny dogs' because of their kindness and protectiveness towards children.