Chapter 12

VIOLET'S POV
The drive was long and quiet both Aiden and I weren't saying much.

Aiden's probably thinking about how perfect his mate is, how much he loves her and blah, blah, blah, all that Barfy stuff that mates think about.

While I'm left wondering what to make of Mr Big Bad Alpha, maybe he's not so bad after all, just a bit ruff around the edges, today I actually saw the sweet side of him especially with his godson, I still hate him though he so up himself at times and arrogant as hell.
My mind then drifts to thoughts of Sam and I get excited knowing that we're spending the whole night together.  Our sleepovers are epic junk food, COD and tonight maybe some Netflix. I can't wait to see him.

As we make our way home in silence, Aiden notices something in the rear view mirror,

"Don't be to alarmed Vi, but that black SUV has been following us for over about 10 minutes now".

I check the rear view mirror and reply,
"Are you sure".

"Sort of, I'm gonna try lose them, hang on".

Aiden suddenly puts his foot down on the accelerator and the car starts to pick up speed faster and faster 100, 120, 130, 140, I feel my heart start to race so I take a deep breathe and hold onto my seat belt, then I take another look in the rear view mirror and notice that the same black SUV is still behind us.

"Aiden they're still behind us!" I shout my voice a little shaky butterflies churning in my stomach.

"I know Vi!"

"Who are they, do you think they could be the rogues taking a shot at us again?'

I feel on the edge, adrenaline levels start to spike.

"Could be or it could be hunters",

"Don't worry, I'll lose them at the crossroad and we'll go the long way around".

Aiden continues to pick up speed, when out of nowhere a White pick up truck Rams straight into the drivers side door i see the whole thing happen in what seems like a slow motion movie and all I can do is brace myself for impact, I scream at the power and shear force of it as I'm thrown forward and sideways winding me breathless, my seatbelt stopping me from flying out of seat and I'm scared knowing that Aiden took a huge brunt of it as well,  our car begins to summersault sideways flipping us over the road barrier as it continues to flip us over and over  down a steep bank into a shallow stream, where the car finally  comes to an abrupt stop, and we're upside down water starting to seep through the doors.

"Aiden!' I cry out.

No answer.

"Aiden please".

I turn my head to look at him, his eyes are closed and there's blood spilling from the right side of his face, his arm is a little buckled and looks broken, and I start to fear the worst.
lI unclip my seat beat and cover my head as fall from the seat landing on the ceiling of the car, I then crawl over to my brother, and I place my index finger and my middle finger on his neck to find a pulse.

I hold my breath and pray to the moon goddess that he's OK when I find it still strong and steady, so I call again this time straight in his ear.
"Aiden!" I shout in panic.
"Aiden, please wake up".
"Aiden, come on wake up", I cry with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Come on you have to get up now!"

"Aiden wake up we have to get out here please!"

"...VVViiii"
"Aiden".
"...Vvvviiioolllet gggooo".
"No I won't leave you ol don't ever say that to me, now snap out of it!"

"Vi".