Chapter Nine - Eisuke

I stare at the floor as I feel Kenzo's eyes bore into me. Kenzo taps his foot on the floor ad I bite my lip. "I'm sorry..." I mumble softly and I hear him sigh. He wraps his arms around me and holds me tight.

"I was so worried about you..." He mumbles softly into my shoulder and I sigh. "I'm sorry, it got really late, then Molly fell asleep and then... Ummm...." I quietly trail off as Molly runs downstairs. "Mum! I'm ready!" She shouts as she comes into the kitchen. She smiles happily at me and Kenzo. Molly looks at us in confusion, "Mum, why is Kenzo holding you?" She asks while cocking her head to the side. As soon as I process what she just said, my eye becomes huge and then I take a huge step away from him. "No reason in particular," I say quickly and she shakes her head.

"Did you get the invitations from uncle Ota?" Molly asks with the same smirk her father has. I shake my head yes as I remember the strange morning that caused me to get these gorgeous invitations. It was really strange...

____________________________________________________________

That Morning

____________________________________________________________

I walk down stairs to the penthouse lounge to find an odd site. Molly is sitting and whispering with Baba and Ota. "Molly?" I ask and she looks up at me with a smirk, "Morning Mum!" She shouts quickly and meets me at the bottom of the stairs. She hugs my legs and I smile. I turn to Baba and Ota and they quickly look away from me. "Odd..."

"Melody! I have those invitations! I sent a bunch already, but all you have to do is give these to everyone in her grade and the staff of that grade too." Ota says happily as he hands me the huge stack of handmade invitations. I give him a confusing look, "That's a lot of people..." I say softly as I hear someone snicker from upstairs.

"Well, Melody, this is a big festivity you know," Eisuke says as he descends the stairs with long, elegant strides. I gulped slightly as he reaches me and Molly. Jesus... This man is too much for me first thing in the morning. I absently stare at Eisuke and he smirks at me which causes my face to flush and quickly look away. Eisuke walks past me and Molly and goes straight for the one couch. 

"Boss, do you want some coffee brought up?" Baba asks with a carefree smile as he flashes a pager that was previously in his pocket. Eisuke shakes his head no and looks at me with an evil grin, "I've had my fill this morning."

My already red face becomes a darker shade of crimson and everyone, including Molly, stares at both Eisuke and I. I stare at the ground as Ota breaks the silence, "So where are Soryu and Mamoru?" Molly shakes her head after the question falls off of Ota's lips. "Yeah! Where's uncle Soryu! I want to say goodbye before we leave mum!" she says while pulling at the bottom of my dress and I smile softly, the blush faded off my face by now.

"Off on a little job..." Eisuke says without looking at me and I shrug. "Well sweetie, I don't think you'll be able to see Uncle Soryu this time, but next time we visit you might be able to." I say with a soft smile. Molly shrugs and runs over to Eisuke, "It's ok!" she says before hopping on his lap, "I wanted to see uncle Ei-su the most!" She says with a happy smile towards him and my heart does a flip.

Maybe we can be an actual family one day...

____________________________________________________________

Present Time

____________________________________________________________ 

I pack Molly into the car and all three of us head to the school.

I handed out all of the invitations to the students and staff at the school. They are all very excited to attend the birthday party.

"Melody, how did you afford this?"