prolouge

[Thomas]

The shining sun kissed my skin as I played in the sandbox, my baby blue sandals sinking in the sand, along with my toes. I let out a giggle as I felt the sensation of the tiny specks ticking my feet. I quickly stood up shacking off the tiny bits as I began to wonder around my grandparents backyard, my midnight dark eyes uncovering the tiny 'treasures' of their garden, which were basically the gnome statues, and the tiny glass mushrooms.

My belly let out a whine, letting out its call of dominance, aka hunger.

I then began looking for my grandparents, walking to the other side of the humongous green backyard, only to spot them on the swinging bench behind the cherry tree, light sounds of conversation coming from their lips.

"He will find his soulmate one day, let's just hope he will accept them." Murmured his grandma, her honest like voice sweet as my grandfather only let out a chuckle, his dough raspy voice then taking over her own. "I'm sure he won't, he's not that foolish."

I popped up from behind them, my high pitched voice interrupting their calm chatter. "What's a soulmate?" My grandfather chuckled, his his eyes forming into crescents as his mouth formed to smile. My grandmother only looked at me lovingly, her midnight eyes also currents as she smiled.

Walking in front of them, my grandfather picked me up, placing me i between the two, letting me inhale their scents. They both smelled sweet, and that was one of the things I loved about my grandparents.

My grandfather then let out a sigh. "I believe your old enough to learn what a soulmate is." My grandmother nodded in agreement, her greyish blond hair bouncing along with her movements. "A soulmate is something like a best friend but more, it's someone in this world who cares about you more than anyone else in this world."

I let out a gasp. "Even more than you and grandma." My grandmother let out a chuckle, her heart swelling at the sight of her curious grandson. "Maybe even more than we'll love you dear." My grandfather then joined in, handing bowl of cherries towards me. "A soulmate will be there to protect you, and the bond will be unbreakable between the two."

I popped a cherry into my mouth, but I scrunched my nose in disgust. I wouldn't want to be bonded to someone forcefully. The thought made me frown. "I don't like that, I want to choose who I love." I grumble. Both of my grandparents let out a laugh, both of them expected their grandson to say that.

My grandmother than placed her hand on my cheek, caressing my face. "My grandson. You'll always love your soulmate, even before you learn that you have a bond with that person." My grandfather took a cherry from the bowl, placing it in his mouth. He quickly ate the red pits and spat out the pit. "Yes, you'll will communicate to your soulmate before you meet them through the ink bond, but you won't know who they really are."

I tilted my head, placing another cherry into my mouth. "Ink bond?"

My grandfather nodded, giving me a slight pat on the head. "Once you turn 18, you'll be able to communicate to your soulmate by writing on yourself with pen. What ever that shows up on your skin, will also be on your own. You'll be able to feel their pain and emotions, and also get their scars."

A frown formed on my lips. "That's no fun, then all you'll get out of having a soulmate is feeling their pain." My grandmother instantly disagreed, shaking her head. "No. Baby doll, the outcome of having a soulmate is feeling complete, and you'll feel loved and accepted and almost all the good things that you can feel when you have a soulmate."

I only shook my head, crossing my arms. My grandfather and grandmother giving me a look. "Well I will never ever EVER love my soulmate, I'll find my own love."

My grandfather only chuckled and shook his head. "You'll only love your soulmate, that's how the bond works yes you may feel things towards for some people in the incoming future buts that's only lust."

I only stuck out my tongue. "by the way I'm hungry.." my grandma shot up from the bench, excitement in her eyes. "Oh yes sweetie you'll love the pasta I've made you!"

But oh how right both of my grandparents were.

Man I'm already enjoying rewriting this book, even though I'm no longer in this fandom 😔🤙