Chapter 15: Missing

This man did not walk in the path leading towards our door, but instead with his black boots he walked over the plants crushing the beautiful flowers that surrounded the windows of the living room. As the windows of the living room were a little away from the main door, neither my father nor the other man could see each other. It seemed like he was trying to get inside our house through a wrong way.  I tried to get a better view of the man, but couldn't clearly see what he was trying to do further because the living rooms windows were below my windows.  So it was not possible for me to get a better view of the man. To catch him red handed, I rushed down as fast as possible but unfortunately I tripped from the stair case and fell down heavily on the ground. My head got hurt and everything went blur... when I opened my eyes, I was in my room lying on the bed and after a few seconds, I realized that I was knocked out.

"What about the man? What did he take?", I asked to myself.  With great confusion I went down to check the living room but everything was lying intact and nothing was disturbed. Everything was the same and all were on their regular routine. I took a closer look at the living room and the couch, the books, the table were all untouched. Then I suddenly remembered the papers...the old bundle of papers were missing. I started searching the entire living room, under the couch, the book shelves, even the brown wooded floors but I could not get a single clue as to where the papers were. So, I thought that the only chance to get a clue was to approach Robert.  I went searching for him he was in the garden.

 "Do you have those bundle of papers?"  I asked Robert. and I looked at him anxiously with curiosity for an instant reply.  If he has them, I felt that I should really be thankful to him.

"Well I remember keeping it in the living room", said  Robert.

"It's not there. Those papers are missing" 

"What but how could it go missing?", asked Robert.

I  explained the whole incident to him. 

"You mean someone entered our house and we never knew", he said.

  I was down in the dump for losing something very important. The only last clue that we had has gone now, but I wondered why the man wanted the papers and felt that there is some reason behind it. Now my anxiety grew and wanted to find out the who the man was and as I was wondering I felt like I knew him and that I have seen him before.  I could remember the same old deep set of grey eyes and the scar which I had seen earlier. This thing is not easy as I taught it would be. 

So, "What  I do next",... 

*************************