Chapter 1: She took her own life...

Ohio, the place you were born. You've always lived near this mountain that said contained all these horrifying monsters of strange myth. Your parents divorced and you only live with one now. The other parent was a child-abuser, giving full custody of you and your older sister to the parent now moving out of Ohio and your sibling and yourself. Your family of three moved southwest to Colorado from Ohio, leaving the demonic harmful parent behind with the mountain of your nightmares behind.

It is now the year 20XX, and your life in Colorado has been an overall boring experience in a 2-room apartment and your parent a slow writer who occasionally talks whenever you or your sister asks something of them or say something that leads them to something of a story you or your older sibling don't quite believe to be true.

You start off this summer morning with a nightmare of what still seems like a riddle. Of course, you slept in your clothes again. Every time you dream, for some reason, you're just in your street clothes because you're so exhausted. So what was the reason for sleeping in your street clothes again? Oh, your sister's "accident" that killed her six months ago.

She and some of her friends, as you heard, went up to the mountain like they usually do whenever they feel like doing something worth getting famous for. They found this huge hole down the side of the mountain no one's been to since it's so steep to hike. You were told she jumped down the dark hole telling her friends to shine down a light and to record her jumping in. You were never shown any video of her jumping down that hole, her friends never really liked to talk to you anyways because of your early tagging along and getting them in trouble. You never believed the story her friends came to your parent with and overheard due to them disliking and avoiding you specifically.

You still think about how that incident made your room and life more lonely. She was one of the only friends that stayed around a while and then left you. She was the only one who stayed the longest. You took therapy for this, five and a half months to be exact. Therapy kept you thinking about it. "Why would she have done that in your perspective?" You were asked almost every visit.

The nightmare didn't appear as if it included your sister, but it seems she would have had a strange dream like that for her to take her own life like that. You stood in a glass box in your blue-brown shirt and denim skirt. A dark, tall man looking thing stood outside the box, staring inwards at you. You couldn't see them very well because of the magnanimous pitch black shadows casting out the mid-day light from the stain-glass windows, "Hey, you're Lisa The Silent, right?" It asked in a distorted female voice. You remember hesitating, then answer with a weak "yes". 

"Come up to the mountain and go down the hole she went through. You should know who I mean by "she" and which hole I'm talking about." You came to a realistic theory; She dragged your sister down the hole and killed her. Her friends witnessed it but were afraid no one would believe them. Maybe that was the real case. But it seemed too ironic to meet the killer if she did really kill her. "Come with that pocket knife as well. It might be handy to you saying you're very vulnerable, even right now. You could get as trapped as this and not be getting any way out without the knife. Come at noon tomorrow, the best time of day to come, I'd say."

The stranger's shadow consumed the whole room. You stood in place as the stranger flipped the hood over her head. Her face was clearer to see now that everything was contained in the black nothingness. She wore a dark blue cloak and sang a familiar tune as she turned her head to you. You know you've heard this song before, then she interrupted herself, "Beware of those who wield orange and blue." She burst into flames, flickering the colors she warned of. Your dream ended suddenly.

The dream kept reminding you of your sister, who was now long gone. You proceeded with your usual morning routine, eating breakfast with your only parent and checking your phone for any friend updates with your TalkMe. You didn't bother with getting into a different outfit from the one you were already in, already saying the budget for the month was already low, so you wore every outfit for two days in a row to conserve utility money.

You heard your parent give a farewell and shut the door on their way out. You stay laying on your bed pondering the dream. The mountain, anyone could just walk right up and do anything they wanted for all we know. But you don't know what could be down that hole the stranger mentioned, death or something else entirely. You decided to travel to the mountain and find the hole.

You picked up your phone from where it was laying and put on your red high top shoes. "Come with that pocket knife as well." The stranger's words in the dark cloak echoed, "It might be handy to you saying you're very vulnerable, even right now." You gritted your teeth and walked over to the dresser. A small black box sat on the corner, you opened it. The pocket knife was still gleaming from the only time you used it to kill a bird. You shoved it into the pocket of your denim skirt and strode out of the bedroom with now only a small bed in the corner instead of a bunk bed.

You closed the door behind you and turned off all the lights in the apartment knowing no one would need them in your absence. Wait- Your parent will have to know you're not at the house while they are away as well. You turned on your caseless phone and texted them. "Going to the mountain, will be back later" You exited your home and set out to Mount Massive to see what that stranger wanted you to see in the hole. The pocket knife, maybe it will be useful to forage or hunt with.

No one really knows the future, right?