Ch. 1

Nicki was awoke by the feeling of her bed moving up and down. She fluttered her eyes open and looked right at her 6 year old daughter, Nazari, jump up and down next to her with the biggest smile on her face.

"Nazari," Nicki called as she sat up and wiped her eyes.

Nazari continued to jump until Nicki called out her name a little louder and more stern. "Nazari!"
The little girl quickly plopped down on the bed and looked at Nicki with a frown. "Why are you yelling, mommy?" The 6 year old asked as she stared back at her mother with wide eyes.

"Because you're jumping and you know once you fall, you're going to scream all day." Nicki replied.

"I won't fall." She replied and was about to jump again but Nicki quickly grabbed her.

"Nazari, what did I just say? Stop and come downstairs with me so I can feed you." Nicki said and let her down so she could stand next to the bed.

Nicki pushed back the sheets and moved to get up. When she did, she grabbed Nazari's hand and led her downstairs where the kitchen was. Nazari carefully climbed up the bar stool and got comfortable.

"You hungry baby?" Nicki asked her as she turned on the stove.

Nazari nodded. "You want some waffles?" Nicki asked.

"With chocolate and bananas?" Nazari asked excitedly as she watched her mom grab the waffles.

Nicki then turned to look at her with a look of disgust. "Chocolate and bananas?" Nicki asked her and Nazari giggled at her face.

"Yes. It's good."

"Yeah, but you know all of that will be in your hair and all over the rest of you." Nicki said.

"No it won't mommy. I promise." Nazari smiled and Nicki could see herself through her daughter. The only thing that Nazari didn't get from her was her eating habits.

"Mhm.. alright. After this you have to get in the bathtub because daddy is coming to pick you up." Nicki shook her head and Nazari's outbursts and hand claps.

In case you were wondering, Nicki and Nas, yes Nas, the famous rapper Nas. They were actually together for 7 years, all through high school and sadly things ended around the time his career took off. His schedule, lack of privacy, and of course the females got in the way. That was back when they were younger and it was hard to handle. They were both new to it all and that caused a lot of fights, and words that they instantly regretted. Nas was actually the one who called it quits but that was before he knew she was pregnant with their child. Nicki ended up getting in touch with his brother and they handled the situation from there.

Of course it was a serious matter and it forced them to grow up faster than they really wanted to. But now they have this beautiful 6 year old who lights up both of their worlds. Even when Nazari was born, the two tried to re patch things but it just didn't work. Nicki hated feeling like she was in competition with other girls for someone who was actually his first love, his first everything. She eventually gave up and they parted ways again, this time he moved to LA and she stayed back in New York managing her clothing business - NM.

She was selling very well. Models and celebrities picked up on a lot on her work and that's what got her business to where it is now. Nicki and Nazari are well taken care of and she was proud to announce that she did it all without the help of her baby's father.

"Nazari, baby, it's time to get out. Your daddy with be here soon." Nickis aid and wrapped Nazari in a towel, drying her and then helping her lotion up.

After she was dressed, she helped her gather her things for the weekend at her Nas' condo in downtown NY.

"You got everything?" Nicki asked as she grabbed her overnight bag for her.

Nazari nodded and played away on her phone as they headed downstairs.

The door bell rung, "That's him now, baby. You sure you got everything?" Nicki asked a second time.

"Yes." Nazari mumbled, into the game as Nicki opened the door. They locked eyes for a moment before a gasp was heard.

"Daddy!"