10.The evergreen day to treasure.

Be like a flower that leaves it's fragrance even to the hands that crushes it~ Ali (R.A)

Farishta's P.O.V--

Darkness.

Lure darkness wrapped all around me, not even the lustre of the moon could break through the impervious mask. The night had spread over, bringing with it the downtrodden threat of a summer storm. The air was leaden and heavy, and thick clouds rented out the stars.

Numbness.

No anger, bitterness, resentment preyed upon me. All the content feelings were crippled out and the drained out peace gloried in decay and despair.

Coldness.

The crisp coldness enslaved through my blood while the bitter wind laughed as it tore right to my heart and molded blood to icy sludge. The crack of the shot gun, creaking of the distant trees, the sickening laughter and the deafening screaming got less pronounced as her helpless crying echoed. The twice my size scar-faced guy stepped aside as beneath the sea of mist, the culprit started walking forth. My heart-beat thudded, racing against the time with each tramp of footsteps. One. Two. Three. And-

"Ah snap!!" I groaned in a wheezy tone, colliding square-face on the ground. Someone had roughly jerked the blanket that was swaddled around me off the bed, causing me to fall down face forward and splay-legged on the cold, cold floor.

"Come on, lazy-bum. Rise and shine" The voice continued, only the variation, now it was shaking my body at good measure. For starters, I've got zero chills for anyone who comes as a third-wheel between me and my sleep alright, and to cap it all, this person now had not only the nerve but also the neuron to interrupt my much important nightmare. This nightmare have been disturbing me for over a month and I wanted to get over it. Like a mystery, I never get to finish it..

Stingy fish, you are so dead!

"You little braggart scurvy ass! Which part of never-interrupt-my-sleep don't you get?" I yelled, pushing off the duvet, "Can't cut the mustard for such a simple task? I think I had made it a point not to wear me down, you mangy cur scumbag a-" My mouth froze on "a" shape, as the view ahead threw me off the edge, because there, standing was no-one but my Dad.

"I am what, peanut butter?" He asked, with a smirk twitched on his mouth as I bit my lips in collywobbles, hopelessly trying to come up with something he could look past.

"What I meant is, you sweet, superb, hilarious, wonderful...a..a.."

"Yes, take it easy, here. I'm all waiting" He tapped his foot on the ground, quirking up an amused brow as I fruitlessly fumbled on, closing opening my mouth 100 times approximately per second while chancing upon praises,

"A..aah..amazing, yeah you know, astounding, awesome, awe-inspiring and extraordinary fathaaar~!" I demurred, completing at long last with a sheepish smile.

"Did you fart? 'Cause you just blew me away, peanut butter!"

"Uncle, looks like cat got her tongue. I bet, it must've been her nauseating morning-breath" Fatima said with a Cheshire grin, as if she took huge pleasure in mocking me as I scowled at her. Then I taunted her like a wise sage in mock seriousness,

"Betting is Haram, fatty!"

"I've said it before and I'll daresay it again, crows can lay egg on your bird-nest" Fatima chuckled, her tone edged with amusement, as she ruffled my mop of messy bun.

"Oh please! I don't need a hair-stylist my pillow gives me one" I said swelling in pride, before swiping on the gallery section of my phone and stopping on the ultrasound picture of my fetus little self back in mom's tummy, "Throwback to the last time I had a decent sleep" I added, grumbling with a long negative trait dramatic yawn.