Paradise Lost

Emmy felt her headphones jerked from her ears and she hissed, cupping her hand to it, "What the hell?" she exclaimed as she watched Mark put the very same earbud to his ear and frown.

"Okay," Mark demanded dropping the earbud on the bed where Emmy lay stretched out on her belly, kicking her feet, "What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" she huffed and sat her chin on her hands, looking back at the blank, white wall of her room.

"You're listening to Distrubed," Mark stated as he let himself drop onto the bed beside Emmy, "You only listen to them when you're upset and it's Inside The Fire, no less. Which means you're super emotional. So, I repeat, what's wrong?"

Emmy rolled her eyes and looked away from Mark's knowing gaze, turning over on to her back, "Nothing," she huffed putting her hands on her stomach.

"And you are a horrible liar," Mark said sitting up and hovering over Emmy, "What is it? Is it PMS? Is it work? Danny?"

Emmy pushed Mark's face away from hers and sat up, pausing her music, "Really? PMS?" she questioned over her shoulder, "That's your go-to problem for me?"

"Well," Mark rubbed his nose and looked at her, "No, not usually. I know how you get when you PMS, you get all clingy and horny," he wiggled his eyebrows at her, "I was just tossing ideas, I didn't wanna say Danny off the bat."

Emmy dropped her head in her hands, draging them down, "Ugh," she groaned, "I hate that he is all I can think about. But I love it at the same time! How crazy is that? I mean, we haven't talked in like two days, because they've been getting ready for the concert and all that, they're super busy, ya know."

She growled in frustration.

"So," Mark waved his finger in the air, "What you're saying is you're mad that he hasn't talked to you?"

"No," she grumbled then sighed, "I mean, I don't know. I know it rediculous to get angry, he's working, so he can't text me. But at the same time, he hasn't even check in, like, even a little."

"I don't follow," Mark confessed dropping his hand in his lap.

"Maybe I am about to start," Emmy sighed heavily and threw herself back against the bed, "I get all weird the week before, ya know, all irrational and shit. I hate it. I makes me feel all weird."

Mark laughed when she did a full body shake when she said weird, "Emmy," he shock his head and curled next to her, pulling her to his chest, "You are something, aren't you?"

Emmy looked up at him suspeciously, "I'm not sure how to take that," she warned.

Mark kissed her forehead and patted her upper back, "Take it as you will," he said dramaticly, "I'm subject to your hormones! Nothing I say or do is free of speculation."

Emmy sat back on her elbows and gave Mark a worried look, "You've been watching entirely too much anime lately," she informed him.

"Too much anime?" Mark threw his arm over his face, "I don't know the meaning of the pharse!"

Emmy laughed and hugged his chest tightly, "This is why I put up with all your shit," she kissed his jaw, "You're always there to make me feel better."

Mark hugged her affectionatly, rubbing her upper arm, "It's what I'm here for, love," Mark grinned charmingly down at her and winked, "My hopes are that one day I will win you over and finally bed you."

"And then there are these moments when I wanna kick your ass," Emmy shouted pushing off his chest and walking out.

"Is that a maybe?" Mark called down the hall to her as she walked into the living room.