Chapter Four

Jughead's pov

I was sitting under a tree reading a mystery novel and listening to some song about life being a game. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to the book. I was too busy thinking about that night a few days ago. What Violet said had surprised me. “Sadistically beautiful.” That was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe great minds do think alike.

“Hey, Jug!” I look up and see Archie. Even standing I'm still a runt compared to him, so I stay sitting. Why bother to stand when it makes little difference?

“Hey, Archie. How's it going?” Even though he's a jock, Archie is my best friend. Has been for a long time.

“Well, Betty told me you weren't in science. Is something wrong, Jughead? You can tell me anything. You know that.”

“Other than everything? No, nothing's wrong. I was just in the nurse's office. Yet another headache,” I smiled at him. He smiled back and waved, heading home.

How do I tell him that I was actually trying to find a new place to live? Simple answer: I don't.

~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~
This is a really short chapter, because why not? We really hope you guys- if anyone's actually reading- enjoy this story! We'll have some more interesting chapters soon, so bare with us!
The song Jughead was listening to is the one we put at the top.
Stay unique. Stay imperfect. Stay you.