Chapter 7

Long time no see,eh? This unedited and I just wrote it and it's 2 am or something. Idk lol ok so sorry in advance for all the grammatical and autocorrect failures and other stuff.. Sleep.. Is good.
please read the a/n at the end
Xx
-
Dear diary,
Well hello there old friend, I know it's been a while since I wrote in you but things have been sort of...different lately. Exams could be one of the reasons, but no not really- it's just okay let me start from the beginning

*
"Ryan Grey, if this is some sort of sick joke,I swear to god I will-"

"It's not, it's not." He cut me off, chuckling. Never letting me complete my sentences, that boy, damn.

Currently, I had a black blind fold over my eyes and it prevented me from seeing anything, as I sat in Ryan's car. Weird, I know.

It has been a few weeks since we got the baby and I'm proud to say we've been doing a pretty good job.

We don't argue every ten minutes now, it's just like every half an hour or so, which is a huge progress. Yes, yes it is.

The baby has also been pretty good so far. It doesn't cry as much- maybe it's batteries are getting weaker or something.

And as for Ryan and I, we've pretty much become friends I guess. I mean we talk, friends do that right?

"We're here." Ryan stated as I felt the car stop.

"Okay, no cheating," he said as he helped me get out of the car, "don't even think about it." He said whispering in my ear, making shivers run down my spine.

"I- I wasn't going to cheat!" I lied to him.

"Yeah sure," he said sarcastically, gently urging me forward. I could literally feel the air coming out of his mouth as he spoke, that's how close he was standing.

I felt something flutter in my stomach.

No, it's just the cold. I told myself.

A few minutes later Ryan stopped and told me to wait, so I did. I heard some shuffling before he came and stood behind me again, "Okay, ready?"

I nodded.

I felt him take the cloth off and I was momentarily blinded,due to the sudden excess of light. But when my eyes finally adjusted to the bright light, I looked around and found myself standing at the edge of a deck that looked over the lake. We were at the park a few blocks away from my house.

It was around 6:30 in the evening so the sun was just begging to set making everything look orange. The light rays, reflected in the water making everything look twice as beautiful.

I guess taking a break from studying and leaving the baby/robot at home had been a good idea.

I heard Ryan exhale behind me and felt goosebumps on my neck.

"It's amazing, isn't it." He breathed.

"It is," I replied breathlessly because that how perfect this moment was. Everything about it, was just flawless, it almost felt like a dream.

If you would have told me a month ago that I would be watching the sunset with Ryan Grey, I would have scoffed right in your face and ask you to go to doctor. But these past few weeks, something had changed between us. I don't know what it was, but I liked it, a lot.

Maybe talking to Ryan after all these years made me realise why he was my best friend all those years ago. Maybe it was finally being able to talk to Ryan without wondering 'what if..'

The sun had set completely leaving behind the moon, lonely and dark.

Ryan and I had been sitting on the edge of the deck just watching, no one said a word, but it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence, it was nice.

"Hey Grace?"

"Hm," i said turning to look at him.

"Can I, uh, ask you a questing?" He asked rubbing that back of his head, with an unsure look in his eyes.

Flutter,

Please stop looking at me like that, you're doing weird stuff to my tummy and ugh.

"Sure," I said with a half smile.

"Do you," he closed his eyes and opened them again,"Do you consider me your friend anymore?" His eyes filled with hope, unsureness, sadness.

Stop it you good looking lil piece of shit.

"Um, do you consider me your friend?" I asked tucking a strand of brown hair behind my ears.

Can this moment get anymore awkward.

"Y-yeah I guess, I mean if you do, if it's like fine with you, you know, uh, friends, yeah.." He said looking away.

Is Ryan grey seriously nervous. What the hell.

"Yes. Yeah I mean friends, that's- that's good." I said smiling, I'm so sure it didn't reach my eyes, but I hoped he didn't notice.

Friends, isn't that supposed to be a good thing? But when he said friends, why was I so disappointed? Did I want him to say something else? Something more?
***********
ok so i totally get it, I haven't updated for 6 months? 7? idk lol sorry. im rude and you stopped reading my story and it's probably at the bottom of the list in your library.

but if you're still reading this, i love you like woah thanks for sticking around for this dumb story.

And also HAPPY NEW YEAR, 3 months late ik.
Much luhv
Tanya