Chapter 28

Topanga's, New York, 3:30, General POV

Maya: Gabe, get to Topanga's NOW

Gabe: And y would I do what u demand?

Maya: Bc Ik where u live

Gabe: Wint work this time, Hart

Gabe: Won't*

Gabe: Dang it, autocorrect

Maya: Idc, just come plz. And bring Lucas

Gabe: No. I will not just do whatever u want this time

Maya: Ik and I'm sorry I ordered u to. But I really need u rn, Riley..Idk what to do..

Maya: Gabe..Help me, please

Maya: I hate being so soft, but I rly have no idea what to do

Maya: Gabe?

Maya: Gabe

--Convo ends---

Maya threw her arms up, devastated. She ran a hand through her hair, questioning what to do now. Her best friend brought her back from her identity crisis, she had to return the favour now. What to do, what to do, She wondered. Someone tapped her shoulder, she spun around and saw Gabe. She was so relieved, she hugged him.
"Thanks for coming, I really needed help," She spoke.

"Of course, Hart," He replied and wrapped his arms around her. "And I brought Lucas, just like you asked."

"Great. And I'm sorry for demanding that you come here. I was just panicking and didn't know what to do. Riley's lost. And I don't know how to bring her back."

"She's right there." He pointed to the girl sitting on the couch.

"Duh. I meant mentally, it's not her. She's going through identity crisis, Gabe..Just like I did. And as I said before, I have no idea how to bring her back."

"Woah, slow down. You went through identity crisis?"

"I did. And Riley brought me back. I have to return the favour, she's my best friend."

"Okay, I'm here to help." He sent her a reassuring smile.

"Great, thanks. Now, if you don't mind, I have to go yell at Lucas now."

She smiled at Gabe before grabbing Lucas' arm and dragging him outside. Once they were outside, he avoided her glare, knowing he'd crack.
"Do you know what you've done?!" She snapped.

"I broke up with her," He answered, again avoiding her glare.

"No, you broke her. You broke my Riley, Lucas. That's what you did."

"You called me by my real name?"

"You don't deserve the nicknames."

"Look, I just need some time and.."

"No. We don't have 'some time', Riley might forget who she really is, and then I'll lose her."

"Maya, this is just like the Yearbooks, she'll be back in no time."

"You don't understand. She's going through identity crisis, and if you're not gonna take it seriously, then just get out."

"Maya, we gotta go out!" Gabe yelled.

"What? What happened? What do you mean 'go out'?" She asked, secretly she was thinking he meant on a date but she knew in her head that that was too good to be true.

"I mean, go out to stop Riley. She left with someone named 'Raymond'?"

"Oh my gosh, we have to get to her now!"

"What about me?" Lucas asked.

"Just...just get out," Maya told him. "You've done enough."

She and Gabe then sprinted down the stairs and to the subway station, where Maya knew Raymond would take Riley. She used to be part of his gang, but Riley influenced her to stay out of such trouble. She searched frantically for Riley, she was usually level headed but the past few days really took a toll on her. She finally found Riley standing with Raymond by a wall, he handed her a can of spray paint..Purple spray paint.
"Let's go eavesdrop," She whispered to Gabe. He nodded and they hid behind a column.
"So, my gang and I are gonna go vandalize the bathrooms at Central Park, you in?" They heard Raymond ask.

Riley hesitated before answering, "I'm in."

"Great, on my count we open this and spray. Got it?"

"Got it." She gulped, this is what she wanted, right? To be a rebel like Maya.

She followed him onto the subway. Maya got on as well, as did Gabe. "Do we stop her now?" He asked.

"No, I wanna see if she'll actually follow through with it. If she does, we stop her."

"Who is she trying to be anyway?"

"I think..It's me. I was becoming her before, and now she's becoming me."

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And I want to say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for voting and reading! We reached 7.47k reads and 278 votes which is INSANE. Like, HOW??? Ahhhhh THANK YOU!! You guys are seriously so so awesome! I really do hope you are enjoying my fanfic and I'll see you in the next chapter, byeee!

P.s. Im still really sh000k lol