five ▷ she is here with a guy

Since Akane was the one driving, she decided to just drive to Mao's place for the ice cream. She probably should have gone out and support other business but she adored the way Mao made mochi ice cream and was craving it right now. Then again, when wasn't Akane craving Mao's food? Next time she would go and support other business's.

She smiled as Kenny held the door open for her and walked in, and easily fell into line, he was such a gentleman. Kenny looked around. He had been to many shops in Japan, but never here. It was not huge, but it wasn't small either, it was pink, but that had made sense because as he realized, it was a sweet shop. It wasn't unbearably pink either, there was splashes of many different colors, but it wasn't as if he was going to complain about the pink. Not to mention, it seemed cozy, it wasn't loud either, people seemed relaxed.

"Look," Akane pointed as they were in line to a table on the left.One of her favorite things as a worker here was that she knew many people who came in. She also got good at reading the different types of customers. Who were broken up, as a date, just friends, having issues, meeting for the first time, tourists, all of that. And the two new people she spotted was definitely a first date.

It was two teenagers, sitting across from each other sharing food, talking and laughing. "What about them?" he wondered.

"It's their first date."

"Are you sure about that?" Kenny arched an eyebrow.

"Yes. Look at the way their faces are flushed, and smiling. Not to mention how awkward they both seem. And them?" she pointed to another couple, this time rather older who were sitting and sharing an ice cream. "They've been on many dates but they come here weekly." She sighed blissfully, wanting a romance like that one day.

"Do you have a hair tie?" he turned to her as he brushed his drying hair out of his face for what seemed like the millionth time. He had washed it and put no product in it, so it was practically a nightmare at the moment. At least he didn't brush it. He still never got why anyone would ever want curly hair, it was ridiculously extra all the time, and so aggravating. And straitening it was not an option.

"Yeah," she pulled a simple black one out of her purse and handed it to him. When doesn't a girl keep spares on her?

She watched as he leaned forward, flipping his hair in front, and pulled in back, securing it with the pony tail. She was just in awe with his hair, she never saw hair like that before. Everyone's hair was straight, but his was unique. Well, in Japan at least, for Eastern Asia dark straight hair was the norm. Sure, she had seen unique hair from Western movies and shows, and tourists, but never really this close. Biting her lip Akane questioned, "May I touch your hair?"

"Hmm?" he turned at her odd request. "Yeah, sure."

Akane brought her hand up and ran her fingers through the bottom of his hair. It was extremely soft, and bouncy. It was a thousand times better than curling ones hair with a curling iron.

Once getting the register, Ikumi was there and smiled as she saw Akane, and even smiled more once she saw Kenny next to her. She could only figure this was one of the reasons why Akane wasn't coming in for work and her hours changed, because of the training she was doing, and this must have had to be one of the trainers.

In Japanese she greeted him, "Welcome! What can I get you guys?"

Kenny ordered vanilla and Ikumi didn't even question what Akane wanted and got strawberry. She knew her coworker well, that girl was always snacking on strawberries. "Coming up!" she winked at Akane as she turned to Mao in the back.

Ikumi let Arate take counter and take the next order and she drifted to the back where Mao was. "Mao," she leaned in close. "Akane is here with a guy."