six ▷ don't change it

That day, the shop was going really slow.

Akane didn't know why it was, but it was going excessively slow, which was terrible for her because she didn't have the best patience. And the few people who came in, got their treats and left. This left Akane hunched over the counter, laying her head down in utter boredom, the soft music in the background not being able to save her from trying to keep her awake. Neither could the buzzing of her fellow friends and coworkers help either.

Upon hearing the door bell ring Akane pulled herself back up, only find herself blushing  since Kenny stood right there, hands in his pockets. "Hey Kenny," she greeted as she pulled her hair away from her face. She also rubbed her mouth, afraid if she had ended up drooling.

"Hello," he smiled as he saw her swipe the small stain that the drool left on the right side of her mouth. "Are you doing anything?"

"Not really, why?"

"Want to go with me to pick up Matt and Nick up from the airport? Then I know they wanted to hit the gym and then we could train."

She raised her brow, but didn't question anything as she turned around, "Mao!" she yelled.

Mao came out the back, taking a look at Kenny and speaking in Japanese, "Oh cute boy is here. What does he want?"

There was a faint pink tint to Kenny's cheeks as he too started speaking in Japanese, "Cute boy speaks Japanese. I was wondering if I could take Akane out for a bit?"

Mao raised her eyebrows in shock, not expecting him to speak Japanese, nonetheless speak it so well. She felt like a disciplining parent, Kenny asking if he could take her daughter out.  "Of course, the shop's dead anyways. Don't have too much fun now."

Akane rolled her eyes, but took off her apron and just hopped over the counter. "Bye Mao!" the two stepped outside walking to the subway. "That was Mao."

"Nice to know she thinks I'm a cute boy," he laughs. "Does that mean she approves?"

"I think she thinks Adam is the cutest. Although I know she was raving about the other guy Devitt. I can't even say his name, it makes no sense."

"Fergal?" 

"Yeah him," Akane wasn't even going to try, because the majority of the sounds in his name were difficult to pronounce for native Japanese speakers. So she would just call him Devitt.

"So Mao thinks I'm a cute boy, but that leaves the question. Do you?"

Akane raised her eyebrow, as she turned to look at the passing shops. "Do I think you're a cute boy? Absolutely."

"Really, only cute? Because I think I'm cute...I know I'm sexy." Kenny began shaking his hips as he began to sing it. He looked at her as if he was waiting for her to join in, but she never did. "What do you have against Sexy Boy?"

"Sexy Boy?"

"Ya know, Shawn Michaels theme?" She just stared at him blankly. "Shawn Michaels, HBK, Heart Break Kid, Mr. Wrestlemania?"

She merely shrugged, "I didn't watch much WWE. I used to not be good at English, and hearing it made me so irritated that I couldn't understand."

"Hey, I don't blame you for not watching it nowadays anyways." Kenny practically full heartedly believed that statement. Some of the best wrestlers in the world weren't even a part of the WWE, instead being in various independent circuits. And most of their current top talent, whether they be in NXT or the main roster, came from the indies.