The Beginning

In my eyes my past is not important, the present and future are. My owner is important and she is all that matters to me. I have many names like, "Little Hero" or "Baby Arab" and even "The Best Arabian Ever!" When really I am Glorious Way, or Boo for short. I am a thirty years young Polish Arabian, I stand 14.2 and ¾ hands tall and I was put on this earth so that a girl could have her dream horse, and I could have my dream owner.

            Us horses are smart and should be able to remember every owner we've ever had, if you only have one owner your whole life then I'd say you're lucky. I cannot recall how many owners I have had, aside from the last three. One was a drunk, she originally had me as a show horse, then when we moved to Washington she did not take care of me, my hair was over grown and matted and my hooves fanned out. Number two tried as hard as she could to take care of me and I was thankful for everything that she could do. Number three is my current owner, my little girl. My little girl is sixteen years young, she can be hell on wheels or can be calm, it all really depends on how she's feeling.

            I met my little girl when she was six, I was eight teen and to hard for her to ride at the time, I was being trained English, but I always kept my eye on her, making sure that she was safe.  She had her share of falls and scares but always got back in that saddle. In 2010 she began having seizures and had to stop riding, I was worried that she'd never come back but one day she did and that's the day that my journey began with Mykal, my little girl and epileptic rider.

            Before our story begins I feel I should share that until she had epilepsy Mykal never saw how nice of a horse I am. Frankly if I were her I would not have either. All Mykal had ever seen me do was buck and hurt other riders. However, when she was eleven her trainer Kim forced her to get on me. Poor Mykal was scared stiff on my back, yes she had ridden horses harder than myself but to her I was the worst challenge. We did a jumping coarse together that day; I knew Mykal never wanted on my back again. She was scared stiff and hardly moved over those jumps. A few months later Mykal rode me in a lesson again and in a trail ride after. That was the trail ride that made me think and know for sure that I had to always protect Mykal from that point on. Her friend Aurora's horse stepped on a bee hive, both girls did emergency dismounts, when I ran back to brook wood that day I knew I needed to protect her forever.

            I was convinced that I would never get my equine version of a fairytale ending. Mykal was head over heals in love with her lease horse who treated her like she was nothing, he showed her no respect, all he did was bite her. The summer after she turned twelve Mykal rode me in a show, I thought I had a chance; she rode me for a month after the show! I had a chance! That is until I dumped her over a jump.