Chapter 4: The Missing Report Cards

ZANRO

The school nurse is busy treating the old man who was locked and tied in the storage room. The guy who suddenly appeared nowhere told me that the old man was named Mr. Antonio Romulo, the school janitor. I knew that the old man was asking for my help using those tapping sounds or morse code so I helped him. How could he know morse code? Is he a part of an army before or does he have a child that was deaf-muted? Well I don't know. So back to reality, my eyes are still focused to the old man as I started a conversation to the guy who suddenly appeared awhile ago. He was the same guy who told me to get my books in the library, yesterday.

"I'm suspecting you." Sabi ko sa kaniya.

"Same goes to you, Mr. Andrada." He replied.  I can see in my pehiperal vison that he formed a smile in his lips. Yang ngiting yan na mas malalo akong nanghihinala.

"I've got nothing to do with that janitor. He used morse code to ask for my help so I helped him. How about you? Anong ginagawa mo sa rooftop kanina?"

Ngumisi siya at hinarap ako. "Well, the faculty reported that the report cards of all past Grade 12 students went missing and one of the possible suspects is our one and only janitor. So they ordered me to find him. Wala ka naman sigurong kinalaman doon di ba, Mr. Andrada?"

I faced him too, showing no emotions. "Do I have to repeat myself, Mr?"

"Everett Liam Torres, but I am much pleased if you'll call me Eli. The most handsome student in A.D.U." He even bowed, The way he talks and move makes me think that he is a narcissist.

"What a narcissist." I mumbled.

"I would not like to be called narcissist, Zanro." He smirked. "I know I am handsome but I am not the word you have called me." Hindi na ako magugulat na kilala na niya ako. Like what I said, he already know me since he was the one who told me about the books. Maybe the librarian told him some of my informations though I feel irritated towards his presence.

I threw him a bored look. "I don't really care. So wait, isa lang ang janitor ng A.D.U.?" I asked.

"Apparently Yes, since this school is full of rebels. Only plenty of people will have the courage to apply in here." He said while grinning.

"Are you sure na wala ka ring kinalaman doon? If the faculty ordered you to find the janitor, bakit alam mo kung nasaan siya?"

"I like your deduction, Zanro. But I struggled finding that man, I went around the building just to find him and rooftop was my very last choice. Kung may kahina-hinala man sa atin ikaw yun, Mr. Andrada." Then here comes he's stupid smirk again.

Ako lang talaga ang nakaalam ng totoo na wala akong kinalaman sa sinasabi niya. This conversation will not help me to prove myself that I am innocent. I need to do something.

Maaring kahapon pa ginawa 'to sa janitor dahil sa itsura niya. So who is the person I saw a while ago? Kusang tumakbo ang mga paa ko. I don't really like putting my nose in someone's business but if I know I can help and I knew something I prefer helping and solve the mystery.

"H-Hoy! T-Teka saan ka pupunta?" Sigaw ng Eli.

Hindi ko siya pinansin. Alam kong sinundan niya Pero wala akong pakealam doon, but I really need to know if my instinct was right.

TWYNA

Nakatayo ako ngayon sa harap ng isang guro na nangingig sa sobrang pag-alala dahil sa nawawalang mga report cards. Naghihintay ako sa pagdating ni Kuya Eli dahil pinatawag ko sa kaniya ang isa sa possibleng suspect. Biglang dumating si Kin sa harap ko at mukhang nagmamadali dahil may importanteng sasabihin.