Pseudonym

A Dedication

Everything has a story, or, to be precise, stories. So many stories, all wanting to be told. Only a few can be shared with everyone, though. Most are meant only for a select few chosen by the storyteller. There are also the stories that cannot be shared with anyone.

At all.

Then there are the stories that are meant to be told long after the events in them have happened, long after all the characters are gone. This is usually the case with myths, legends, and history.

Usually, only famous, heroic, and important people have their stories told long after they are gone. The rest are forgotten, and if not while they are alive, soon after they die. Perhaps that is one reason why people do great things. They want to be remembered. Although some are not particular about how they want to be remembered—famous and infamous were one and the same to them.

I am compelled to share this story with you, partly because it is my own and partly because it is the story of someone who, I believe, must not be forgotten. At least, not too quickly.

I am going to tell the story of someone who told others' stories; someone who loved words and all the things they could convey. I am going to tell the story of someone for whom words and sentences, idioms and plots were as real as the weather is for most of us. Someone who breathed stories and breathed life into stories.

No, I believe that he cannot be forgotten too quickly. At least, while I still breathe, there shall be someone to remember him and make sure that his memory will be kept alive, like a fire, burning bright.

If he were alive, he would insist that I stop what I am doing. He would say that he is not worth anything—a tribute, a second thought, or a kind word. Then I would beg to disagree and tell him that I, too, am a writer and can write whatever I want as long as it is for something good. This is something good, I would tell him. Then we would argue about it. I am not as good a writer as he is, but I feel obliged—both by recent events and by my own emotions—to write about him.

The writer.

___

A/N: This was last Christmas break's work. Thank you to my lovely betas, Cheska and Jillian! <3 And to My Muse. Thank you soooo very much. <3 <3 <3