Some Haikus Written by Leon in High School

Chapter 15: Some Haikus Written by Leon in High School

~Twilight~

The eternal kiss

Of the gods of the heavens

Touches my lost soul.

He wanted us to message each other haikus. We were to give topics and then think of haikus and send them to each other. It was a nice exercise, and one that I remembered long after it was done. The time between that conversation and the next one was so long. So long before we got to talk to each other again…and I found that I barely knew him anymore.

~Love~

Speak of love my dear

Though your words will be wasted;

It is not for me.

I had suggested 'love' as a topic. I thought he would try to change it since I was used to my requests or attempts at bringing up that topic with him being turned down. Leon was never like other persons in many ways, one of which was that he did not believe in love.

~Hate~

You have all the words

And I have felt all the pain

I would hear no more.

This one was for his mother. It was at a time when they were having a rocky relationship, and Leon felt that she saw his father in him.

~Hope~

The sun had fallen

But don't fret, the moon will come

To take you away.

Celene. A name similar to 'moon'. I always wondered if he knew that, or if it was just a coincidence.

~Longing~

Today I'll kiss you

Tomorrow I will miss you

Dreams are good to me.

I found it similar to one of The Beatles' songs. Leon knew quite a lot of music, too. We would sometimes make our own sheet music by playing by ear. It was fun while it lasted-we only found time to do it during summer.

~Misunderstood~

They have always seen

The bane consuming my heart

But they were all blind.

He told me that others thought he was a rebel because of their family situation. Which, as he reiterated, wasn't the case.

It wasn't them. It was just himself…