Epilogue: Reunited

A quick note: originally, Louis and Niall were supposed to go see Ed at the O2 Arena. But I changed it. They're going to see him in New York at an outdoor type of thing.

____________________________________________________

One year later

"Haz, look at this view! It's fucking incredible."

"Amazing," Harry agreed, holding the curtain open to stare in awe at the view of the city lights below us. We were in New York City for our senior trip, and Harry and I were paired as roommates.

"Probably got the best room in our year, yeah?"

"Certainly," Harry replied smugly, then fell back onto his bed. His long legs hung off the edge. "Sucks that you're going out tonight. I'm exhausted."

"Harry," I spoke slowly, like I was talking to a child. "Friendly reminder that I'm going to see Ed Sheeran in concert tonight. With my boyfriend, in case you forgot."

"All thanks to me," Harry smirked.

"Touché, my friend." I checked my outfit in the mirror. Short-sleeved Eggplant button-down? Check. Grey oxfords? Check. Dark trousers that subtly showed off my bum? Check. But something seemed off. I fumbled with my collar.

"Nervous?" Harry asked from the bed.

"Sorta," I admitted. "Not sure what to expect. It's been a year, y'know? Surely things have changed."

"I seriously doubt it. He's crazy about you, Lou. Has been since day one, always will be."

"You sure?" I peered at him through the mirror as I ran my fingers through my hair. A 7-hour plane ride did not do it justice. Hopefully Niall will understand.

"Yes. And just so you know, I'm stripping down to my boxers in exactly 30 seconds, so put that bum of yours to good use and get going."

"Fine," I crossed my fingers and headed for the door. "Wish me luck. Have fun watching shitty American porn alone."

***

I cracked open the door an inch or so and stuck my head out and peered down the hallway. Nobody was around. I slipped out and quietly padded down the hotel hallway before someone knew I was gone.

"Mr Tomlinson."

Shit.

I winced and turned around to find Mr. Cowell, the principal, right behind me. His door was cracked wide open and the room was softly lit by the glow of the tv.

"Uh, yes?"

"Should you be in your room right now, or am I mistaken?"

"No...I um... well.." I stalled, swallowing, when suddenly an idea popped into my head. "Actually, I.....was just coming to tell you about Harry."

"What about Harry?" He eyed me suspiciously.

"He um... has a stomachache," I offered.

"Oh! I suppose we should get him some medicine them?"

I shrugged. "Well, uh..."

"Great," Mr. Cowell clapped his hands together. "Just let me get the first aid kit."

He closed the door slightly and disappeared into the bathroom. I stood awkwardly in the doorway, peering in slightly to see what was playing on the TV in his room. Family Guy. Interesting.

"Here we go, Louis." Mr. Cowell stepped back into the hallway with the first aid kit in hand. "What was your room number again?"

"My room number?" I wondered aloud.