Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Bianca's POV

"Why the hell are you watching this?" Anthony asked coming out of my bathroom. We were in my apartment. We had decided to relax and have a day to ourselves since we had the day off. Yesterday was when we made up and Anthony decided to sleep over.

I was happy that we cleared up the 'just friends' thing because then we could actually hang out as best friends.

I was currently painting my nails while watching bad girls club.

"Shut up Tony. Keke is about to get her ass beat." I shushed him and kept my eyes glued to my television screen. The show went on a commercial break and I started to pay attention to him.

I smiled, "I'm starving Anthony-". I was cut off by my phone that was ringing.

I rolled my eyes and quickly became irritated. Who was calling me at 10 pm? I was so annoyed that I forgot to check the caller ID and I immediately answered the call.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Niña, I know damn well you're not talking to me like that. You better watch that mouth and fix that tone before I give you pow pow!" Mama yelled this in my ear and halfway through her speech i pulled the phone a good distance away from my ears. It was still too loud.

I cringed, pow pow is for kids.

Anthony heard my mothers loud voice and started laughing. I quietly told him to shut up.

"Sorry Mama. Um... why are you calling so late?" I asked sighing. I hoped that this wasn't one of her monthly check ups because I wasn't in the mood and it was too late.

"Sweetie I need you to come pick up Christopher and babysit him tonight and tomorrow." Mama said frantically.

"Sure, is everything alright?" I asked getting up from the couch. I went into my bedroom and put the call on speaker. As I was talking, I was getting changed into some clothes. I put on some jeans and a t-shirt.

"Don has been feeling really sick lately so I need to take him to the emergency room."

"Oh my God, how sick? Is he okay!" I panicked and began to breathe really hard and fast. Don was my father now and we had finally established a father daughter relationship. I can't lose another person that I care about who's so close to me. I can't lose another dad.

"Oh sweetie he's going to be fine please calm down it's not good for you. Come here and you'll see that he's just a little sick. Not too much to worry about. Please relax." Mama spoke to me in a smooth voice that soothed me. I was able to breathe and eventually relax although it took me a few minutes. I can't believe I almost had an attack over Don when less then three years ago i was threatening to beat him up if he ever hurt my mom. Now I trust him not to do that.

"Are you okay ?"

I nodded and then spoke, "yeah, i'll see you in twenty." I hung up and felt a little embarrassed. I know that i shouldn't be embarrassed because I can't help it but I didn't like how I had an attack in front of my mom. I usually have attacks alone and but it takes forever for me to calm myself down.

Get over yourself, she's your mother not a stranger.

I put on my sneakers and then walked out of my room. Anthony had on his sneakers too, he was probably leaving.

"Is everything okay?" Anthony asked me.

"Yeah it's just... Don is sick and has to go to the hospital and I have to take care of Christopher." I said grabbing my wallet.