Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Bianca

"You want more, Chris?" I asked my baby brother as if he could speak. He jerked his face in the direction of his spoon. I laughed.

I fed him the spoon that was filled with baby food. I then proceeded to eat my breakfast. I heard movement from the doorway of the kitchen. I didn't turn to look because I already knew who it was.

"Good morning, love."

I ignored Charles and fed Christopher some more of his food.

I heard a sigh and felt a hand on my shoulders. I shrugged my shoulder roughly.

I was nice enough to give him a room last night and now he's pushing it with all the touching.

Charles walked around me and Christopher's high chair to take a seat. Not before running his hands through Christopher's hair which made him giggle and slightly spit. He sat across from me and I didn't even look his way.

"Bianca, I am truly sorry. I understand why you are upset with me however-"

I took my fork out of my mouth, "I am not upset." I said slowly, I didn't have enough energy to emphasize it.

"Are you tired?" Charles asked. He was in nothing but a t-shirt And some boxer shorts. He obviously had no trouble in making himself home.

I shrugged, "I couldn't sleep, I had too many thoughts... I stayed up all night." I hugged realizing how incredibly fatigued I was.

I looked up at Charles whose face was latched in concern. "Have you been taking your medication?"

I scoffed, "Don't act like my mother please..."

"No, I'm serious Bianca. What you're doing is dangerous. You can't just be off your medication, you can fall into an episode. And with you're insomnia, it seems like you're already showing signs." Charles reached over the counter and placed his palm on my cheek.

I hated people touching my face, but I unintentionally leaned into his palm. My eyes fluttered. "I didn't know you were a doctor..." I whispered.

Charles chuckled and used his thumb to caress my cheek. I opened my eyes when I felt the loss of contact. Charles picked up Christopher's spoon and fed him.

"I'm serious, Bianca. You're bipolar disorder is no joke. You have to take care of yourself."

I continued to watch Charles feed Chris. I wasn't surprised seeing as he is, or was, a father.

I looked down at my food and then slid my plate over to Charles. He raised his eyebrow.

"Want the rest?" I asked.

"You have barely touched any"

"I've lost my appetite." I whispered, suddenly in a reverie.

I felt in a depressed state. I thought of Don and how sick he was and how clueless I was about the information. I teared up.

What is going on with me?

"Bianca... what's wrong?" Charles got out of his seat and came around the counter. He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes. I'm

"I dont know what's wrong with me, im feeling... " I paused, I decided to refrain from exposing my emotions to Charles because with my disorder, It would be gone in a second,