Mistletoe War

December 25th. A beautiful holiday. Songs were filling the air, snow flutters down, bells chime and children laugh.

Amethyst and Yellow Zircon were arguing over who would kiss who under the mistletoe. They mostly agreed...well, until they got to Blue Zircon.

"I'm hoping she kisses me." Yellow admits shyly. Amethyst laughs. "Nah, it's going to be the loading Sapphire!" She says. Blue frowns as she looks over at Padparadscha. She is cute, but not Blue's type.

As they arrive at the party, Pearl and Steven greet them warmly. It turns out that Fluorite can bake some really good sweets. The warm smell of fresh baked cookies fills the air.

Rhodonite and Rutile are decorating the tree. Rutile laughs as she tosses one end of the lights towards Rhodonite. She seems a lot calmer now that she's on Earth.

The tree is huge, so the gems all lift Steven up high enough to put a glowing, golden star on the top of the tree. Peridot records a video of this on her tablet device. Lapis looks over her shoulder with a smile.

Amethyst grabs the mistletoe and chases Pearl with it. Pearl steps under the doorframe as Amethyst catches up to her. Pearl bends down low enough to kiss her cheek. The purple gem's face flushes a deep purple.

Amethyst runs around, holding the mistletoe over others' heads. All went well until she got kicked out after she hung it over Garnet's head while she was arguing with Jasper.

Blue Zircon walks over to the dropped mistletoe and hamgs it up over the doorframe. Yellow Zircon stands near her and helps her. As the decoration is hung up in its respectful place, Blue smiles proudly. She then hears giggles and laughter behind them.

"Come on now you two. You know the rules." Steven says with a laugh. Connie grins next to him.

He doesn't need to tell Yellow twice. She leans forward and captures Blue's lips in a warm, gentle kiss. The rest cheer, except for Jasper and Amethyst, who got kicked out for their mischief.

Click. Peridot snapped a quick picture.

"Everyone! I just had a wonderful vision!" Padparadscha says happily.

Everyone turns to the off-color Sapphire.

"What is it, Padparadscha?" One of the Rutile twins asks.

"I predict Yellow Zircon will kiss Blue Zircon underneath the mistletoe!" She exclaims.

They all laugh at her delayed prediction. No one has the heart to inform her that her 'prediction' already came to pass.

They all gather around the tree, eating cookies and passing gifts back and forth. Laughter and cheer fills the whole room and Blue feels like she's floating away in happiness.

She opens her gift from Blue. It is a picture frame with a single picture in it.

It was from the two's first case that they took on together. Blue smiles and crosses the room over to Yellow.

Sitting in her lap, she kisses Yellow happily.

The rest of the gems (and humans) clap.

Lars manages to get a kiss from Sadie.
Lapis steals a kiss from Peridot.
Pearl got her kiss from Amethyst.
Steven kisses Connie's cheek.
Garnet unfuses into Sapphire and Ruby and they kiss cheekily.
Jasper and Holly Blue just stare at each other.
Rhodonite is content to just be herself.

And Blue Zircon?

She got her kiss from Yellow Zircon.
Like she has wished for since...
Since she can remember, honestly.

"I love you, Yellow."
"I love you too, Blue."