Shotgun Love Of Two

This is the second ambush in a month. They're getting restless, driving to attack in such a way.

Blue stares at the wreckage. This one is one of the worst she's seen. As her leader calls for them, she gives the fallen building one last glance.

She then turns and follows her leader, disappearing into the mist and the night.

Today, they're launching a counterattack. It's a risky one, but so is being in this kind of group at all.

As the strategy is laid out, the rest nod, giving the salute. They go to the agreed locations surrounding the yellow base.

While hiding, Blue watches silently as someone steps out. She radiates confidence and practically glows a golden hue.

Blue covers her mouth. She's in love.

She slowly removes the handgun from her pocket. One shot, her leader always says. One good shot.

Make it count.

She closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. Opening her eyes again, she aims through the bushes. A shot to the foot wouldn't do.

Perhaps this should be a killing shot. Just go for it.

If she sees her, she won't hesitate.
The yellow-clad girl is getting closer.
Blue murmurs an apology and fires the gun.

Just as the one near her head goes off.

As both stare at each other, blood running down from the other's shot, they are caught up in an inexplicable moment.

"Nice aim." The yellow girl says as she stumbles to the ground.

"I love you." Blue whispers as she too falls to the ground.

Yellow doesn't hear her words, she's already dead.

Blue doesn't have any more words to give,
She's dead too.

Their hands are clasped together, the two holding onto each other's hands.

A bittersweet ending.