Chapter 4

At dinner the four of us feast on crab, steak, soup, etc. The food tastes amazing compared to the vegetables we eat at home. I sink my teeth into the meal and try to savor it. My teacher would give me an F though because I devour it in a matter of minutes.

"Are you two enjoying the meals?" Opinna asks stupidly. It's not like she doesn't know the answer to that question. They get to have the delicious food that we practically make for them and they use the materials the districts make. Meanwhile the only districts that get stuff back is districts 1, 2, and 4. They are known as the career districts.

When I look over at Harter I see only his crab has been eaten. Right now he's nibbling on a piece of steak. I don't understand why he's eating so slow. Maybe he well just attempt to savor it like me. Although I failed.

Honestly, Opinna would be a complete moron if she didn't know the answer to that question. Yet, she is from the Capitol so it wouldn't surprise me if she was a complete moron.

"I'll take that as a yes," she giggles. I roll my eyes when I'm sure no one is looking.

"Are we going to watch the recaps of the Reapings?" Harter asks.

"Of course."

"Well, than what are we waiting for?" I want to ask but I don't. The only one who's not finished with their food is Harter.

I get up not being able to take it anymore. I hand my plate to an avox and walk into the lounge. I snatch up the remote and turn the TV on. The Reapings flash by on the screen starting with -of course- district 1.

"Harper Fox," the escort says. A strong, huge, scary-looking beast which I don't even know who you could call a girl scrambles up to the stage.

"Herlem Pedrad."

A scary, strong, giant but handsome boy around the age of 16 pipes to the stage. I feel like I've seem him before. I feel like I know him. That's when I realize that I do know him.