Distance

Four wizards and a cat walk through a town, a paper in one of their hands. Their seventh mission this week. They needed to pay Lucy's rent, which she hasn't paid for in quiet some time. "Erza, I think we have enough jewels to pay, we've been getting jobs with the highest prices." She looks back, glaring. The ice mage suddenly feels smaller. He smiles nervously, "Uh, never mind, forget I said that."

Titania smiles. She looks ahead, her eyes searching for someone. Erza hasn't been doing these jobs just for the jewel, she's also been wanting to find someone. He said that he'd be close, so she really wanted to see him. The smile on his face when he'd see her. She looks around but he's no where to be found. Her hand runs through her red hair as she sighs, she should just look for a hotel instead. Her attention goes to a small hotel. Not wanting to spend to much, she decides on that one.

"We'll spend the night there, We'll do the job tomorrow early in the morning." They all sigh in relief and follow her to the hotel. Once they've booked a room, the lady gives them the key. They go to their room, all except Erza, dragging their feet. Once they see beds, they go and crash their faces to it. Scarlet chuckles at their silly behavior. She's decided, if  she does find him in this job, she'll stop looking for him.

Her friends quickly fall asleep so she decides to look around the small town. She changes into a much simpler outfit. She walks out, making sure to turn off the lights.

~~~

She gives up. Her feet start to throb from all the walking. The sun is setting, and still no sign of him. Erza's looked everywhere, and she still didn't find him. She goes in a small cake shop. A smile brightens up her face. Her eyes look at the menu and spot her favorite cake. She orders it and goes to sit down and wait.

The bell chimes and another person comes in. They're hood in hiding they're face, they go to the counter to order. It immediately catches Erza's attention. The clerk smiles at him, "You know you can take that hood off in here, there's no need to hide." They person looks at Erza before sighing. "I guess you're right." Erza gets up at the same time as they take off their hood.

Jellal

He looks at Erza, a smile on his face, "Erza." Her first instinct is to run into his arms, but she stops herself. He walks to her, grabbing her hands. He intertwines his hands with hers. Her eyes water, as he leans in and kisses her cheek. She turns her head and his lips land on hers. Her tears run down her cheek and mix into the kiss.

"Sorry you couldn't find me. I had some business to take care of first." He wipes her tears. The cake waits for Erza at the counter. She smiles.

"It doesn't matter. No distance can separate us."

Day 7: always