Metamorphosis (Cronus x reader) part 2

(Warning: nudity and conversations about Cronus' D)

You shrieked like a banshee, causing Cronus to topple out of bed and scramble about on the floor, tangled in blankets.

"Whoa, what?! Where's the fire?!" He sat up, freeing himself of his entanglement, and peered at you over the bed. "Babe! Are you alright? What was that about?"

'His eyes,' you thought with horror. 'They're yellow!'

"Babe, ya look like ya seen a ghost." He turned around, seeing if the object causing your horror was behind him. "What's a matter? Is my hair weird?"

You quickly shook your head and started towards him.

"Honey... just... come with me..." you hesitantly reached out a trembling hand. Cronus took it, his expression confused. Then he saw his skin. His eyes widened and he gasped, but then he started giving a sarcastic laugh.

"Did ya paint me in my sleep, doll?"

You shook your head.

"I... I-I didn't do anything. Cronus... I think it was that meteor, because you... y-you-"

"I what?"

At that point, you pulled him into the bathroom. He looked in the huge mirror above the sink and didn't say anything. He turned his head from left to right, examining himself.

You hadn't noticed it before, but there were slits on the sides of his throat. And his ears now looked like... fins? They had odd spines and the webbing between them was violet.

"Hm," Cronus laughed a little. "Good prank, babe. Good prank. So how did you- AH!" as he spoke, his hands had moved upwards towards his horns. He flicked them and cried out, his eyes opening wide.

"... They're real." he said quietly. "Th-they're real." He began gingerly touching the slits and the fin-ears. He squeaked and withdrew his hands when he pinched the spines and his cheeks tinged violet. Violet?

All the while, his eyes had opened wider and wider and his breathing had quickened.

"(Name)? (N-name), what's going on with me? This isn't funny anymore!" His hands were beginning to shake violently. "W-what happened to me? What is this?!" Cronus grasped his horns and pulled on them. They didn't come off. He began to hyperventilate. He backed away from the mirror and thumped into the wall with a loud OOF! His nails scrabbled against the wall as he tried to find something to hold on to. Finding nothing, he turned to you and gripped your arms.

"(Name)! What-?! H-h-HELP ME!!!" Cronus was desperate, gripping you so hard, it started to hurt. He searched your face franticly, tears of panic beginning to well in his eyes. They were tinted violet. Why was everything with him now violet?

"Cronus," you said, trying to make your voice soothing. "Calm down, alright? Just calm down and we'll figure this out." You didn't know what else to do, so you hugged him tightly.

You heard a despairing whimper from him and he sank into your arms, clutching at you and beginning to sob.

~~~~~

You sat him on the bed and stood before him. His eyes were puffy and purple. You embraced him and gave him a kiss on the lips. It seemed to settle him greatly.

"Now then," you said, making your voice smooth and soft. "What does it feel like when I touch here?"

You ran your fingers over his fin-ears. He cried out and you stopped.

"They're sensitive." he concluded, his cheeks flushing bright purple.

You decided not to touch the slits and instead gently reached up and gave a horn the softest of strokes. Cronus gasped and blushed.

"It... um..."

"What is it?"

"... It feels like you're touching my nipples... but they're on my head..."

'Uh...' you thought. 'Ooooookay.' Something clicked in your mind.

"Take off your shirt."

Cronus knew this wasn't the time for the usual flirtatious joking and he slipped off the shirt. You had to tug it off when they got hooked on his horns.

Cronus' nipples had disappeared. Not only that, but his belly button had vanished as well. There was only smooth gray skin where they once were. 6 odd marks had appeared, 3 on either side of his abdomen. You reached towards them.

"Cronus, tell me if I hurt you, alright?" he nodded. You traced your fingers over the marks. They were surprisingly soft, possessing a velvety feel. You trailed your fingers downwards.

"Not to be creepy, but do your, you know, parts feel different?"

Cronus blinked a couple times.

"Uh... They feel a little weird."

"Would you mind taking off your pants?"

He blushed a little and stood up, slipping down the sweatpants.

"Oh my," was all you could say.

Cronus' impaler was not there. If anything, it looked as though he now had female parts. Except for the fact that there was an odd slit over a large bump on his groin.

"WHERE THE HELL DID MY D GO?! I FUCKIN NEED THAT!!" he yelled.

To your own surprise, you didn't feel all that panicked about this.

"Oh, hush. Having lady parts is not all bad."

"SAYS YOU!" Cronus pulled his pants up quickly and sat on the bed, his head in his hands. You took a seat next to him and rubbed his back.

"Sweet boy, I still love you."

"Uh-huh, sure." he said around his hands. "Bet you're just sayin' that to cover up your disgust." Cronus raised his head and peered at you, suspicion and fear in his expression.

"Look at me, (Name). Ya really love this? My salami is gone, for fucks sake! Why are you even still here?!" he stood up, towering over you. "When I go to sleep, I'll bet you're gonna leave! Just run to the car and try to make a break from the fuckin' orange horned monster! Just go and-"

THWACK! You reached up and slapped him hard across the cheek. His hand crept to his face in astonishment. Already, purple lines were beginning to bloom from the impact.

"Do not," you said, drawing yourself up to your full height. "Do not think for a single minute that I would leave you. You think I would leave you just because you look different and because you don't have a sausage anymore? How shallow do you think I am?!"

You were livid and Cronus could see that. He was silent with shock. You took a breath.

"I really do love you, okay? Don't doubt that." You gently rubbed the slap marks on his cheeks. He mumbled an apology for his accusations.

~~~~~

You both went down to the beach later that day. The meteorite had crumbled away into black dust and all that remained was a small chunk. It was a perfect square. You leaned down to pick it up.

"Careful, babe!" Cronus said, holding your shoulder. "Don't wanna end up like me, do ya?"

You picked it up anyway, turning it over in your hands. It was the size of your palm. There was a small green screen embedded on one side. It was dark.

"What's this?" you muttered to yourself.

"How should I know?" Cronus said, thinking that you were asking him.

You examined it closely, trying to look for a switch or a button. There was nothing.

"Let's bring it back up to the house, 'kay?" you said. Cronus grunted in reluctant agreement.

~~~~~

It was late afternoon when Cronus decided to go upstairs and take a bath.

"Maybe the gray will wash off." he said. He knew it wouldn't, but it was still worth a shot. He wanted to believe it could work.

When you heard the bath tap start running, you started making dinner in an attempt to do something that would take your mind elsewhere. 10 minutes after Cronus shut off the water, he came running downstairs, slipping over some steps, a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was wet.

"What is-"

"COME WITH ME RIGHT NOW." he nearly shouted. You followed him upstairs and into the bathroom.

"Cronus, what-"

"Watch this." He dropped the towel and jumped into the water, splashing a good amount onto the floor. He submerged his head, his legs going straight over the tub as his torso took up the bottom of the tub. As the water stilled, you watched as the slits on his neck began to move. They pulsated, and you watched as his chest rose and fell just as if he were out of the water. Cronus stayed under for 30 seconds, then a minute, then a minute and a half, then 2 minutes.

He came back up and shook his wet head. You noticed he didn't gasp for breath the way people do when they resurface.

"I'm a fuckin' fish," he said. "Goddammit. As if I wasn't weird enough already."

You sighed. Was he going to freak out over every thing he discovered about himself now? It may have been inappropriate at this time, but you were beginning to think that Cronus' new form was rather cool, if a wee bit strange. Of course, you knew better than to voice your opinion on this. He disliked his new form, and if he disliked it, then you both needed to find a way to reverse it.

"Clean up the spilled water when you're done, okay?" you said as you got up and left the bathroom, leaving a quite naked Cronus to continue bathing.

~~~~~

When you crawled into bed that night, Cronus was laying on his back. He couldn't turn over on his side on account of the horns. He stared at the ceiling unhappily.

"Cronus," you said in a husky voice. You tended to do that when you were sleepy. Cronus didn't talk much of it, but he loved when your voice got like that.

"Sweetie, you'll be okay."

"No I won't," he objected. "What if I'm stuck like this for the rest of my life?" His eyes opened wider.

"(Name)," Cronus said, a slight tremor in his voice. He sat up quickly. "What if they put me in a zoo? What if they decide to kill me? Or use me for experiments?? Or dissect me?!"

"Who's they?" you asked calmly.

"I-I don't know! Government agents? Those nutty hippies who hang around Iowa all the time? I dunno! Anyone!"

"Cronus, I wouldn't let anything happen to you." you scooted behind him and wrapped your legs around his hips and your arms loosely around his neck. You laid your head on his back.

"If they try anything, I'll kill them all." you said in a creepy voice.

"Cool it, babe. Your genocide complex is showin'."

You giggled for the first time that day. And in spite of his self-loathing, in spite of his fear, Cronus smiled. That was what he loved about you. You could make him smile without trying.

"Hey, I still love you." Cronus twisted himself around, grabbed you and dragged you into his lap. He smooched you full on the mouth hungrily. He hadn't kissed you all day. When he pulled away, you decided to try to have a bit of fun with him and blew gently on his fin-ear. It fluttered wildly, like when a cat's ear is blown on. He squealed and covered it, his face turning bright purple.

You no longer questioned the purple blushes, having deduced that Cronus' blood was now violet. You saw no reason to worry him any more by bringing up that observation.

"Just what kind of sensitive are your ears, Cronus? Nipple sensitive?" you purred.

He responded with a tiny 'yes'.

"So... it's arousing?" you straddled his lap. You slipped your fingers past his hands and ran your fingers along the webbing.

"AH! W-wait, babe, please! I- nghhhhh! Th-they're really- eeeeeek! A-aaaaah!" (A/N: If you wish to get an idea of what Cronus sounds like right now, follow this link:. He sounds adorable:D)

You snickered and peppered his face with kisses. Finally, you let go of his fins and hugged his head, which placed his face right above your chest.

"You're so cute, you know that?" you said. When you let go of Cronus, he was incredibly purple in the face and looked like he'd died and gone to heaven. Of course, being so close to you and your chest was his idea of heaven.

"Uh huh," he said in a happy stupor.

You got off of his lap and went to your side of the bed, laying down and reaching for the light. Cronus lay down, giggling like a little schoolboy who got the greatest deal on candy ever.

"G'night, Cronus."

"Night, (Name)."

You hit the switch and closed your eyes. But after a couple minutes,

"You're fuckin' kiddin' me. You've gotta be fuckin' kiddin' with me."

You sighed and opened your eyes, thinking, 'Now what did he find out?'

You didn't expect what you saw.

Cronus was glowing. The areas on his body that had once been spotted with freckles were glowing with tiny specks of violet light. His cheeks, the bridge of his nose, his forehead, his shoulders and chest all glowed. Not only that, but the webbing in his fin-ears glowed, the veins now visible, and his gills and irises glowed as well. It looked... beautiful.

"God. FUCKING. DAMMIT!" Cronus sat on the edge of the bed. "HOW MANY MORE WEIRDASS MAGIC TRICKS DID THAT THING INSTALL IN ME?! Can it give me a fUCKING BREAK?????!!! I LOOK LIKE ONE O' THEM DEEP SEA MONSTERS!!"

"No," you said faintly.

"(NAME), FOR GOD'S SAKE CAN YOU FOR ONCE BE HONEST AND TELL ME THAT I LOOK LIKE A FREAK O' NATURE?? CAN YOU PLEASE JUST TELL THE TRUTH???"

"YOU WANNA GET SNAPPY WITH ME, MISTER?! YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH?" You shouted back at him. You weren't really angry, you just wanted to get through to him. But you were pretty done with his wild accusations about your thoughts towards him.

"COME WITH ME RIGHT THE FUCK NOW." You jumped out of bed, grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the bathroom. You deliberately didn't turn on the light and placed him in front of the mirror, making him look at his glowing body.

"HERE'S THE TRUTH: YOU LOOK FUCKING GORGEOUS AND I LOVE YOU BUT CRONUS, I AM GETTING REAL TIRED OF YOUR RECRIMINATIONS AND DISTRUST AND OTHER BULLSHIT TOWARDS ME. HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN TOGETHER? HM? 3 YEARS? AND YOU THINK THAT I WOULD BE DISGUSTED WITH THIS NEW FORM YOU HAVE? WELL GUESS WHAT? I AM!"

For a split second, Cronus looked terrified before you continued.

"I AM DISGUSTED NOT WITH HOW YOU LOOK, BUT WITH ALL THESE NEW IDEAS THAT I'M JUST GONNA UP AND LEAVE YOUR ASS WHILE YOU'RE IN THIS SITUATION! SO I'M DISGUSTED NOT WITH YOUR PHYSICAL FORM, JUST YOUR MENTAL FORM! SO STOP THINKING THAT I'M GONNA BE A SHALLOW APOSTATE WHO'S GONNA REVEAL YOU TO THE WHOLE WORLD AND LEAVE YOU TO DIE IN SOME AREA 51 LAB! BECAUSE IN THE 4 YEARS YOU'VE KNOWN ME, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK I WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?! DO YOU??!!"

Cronus shook his head fearfully.

"NO? SO STOP THINKING THAT I'M GOING TO BACKSTAB YOU WHENEVER YOU FIND OUT SOME OTHER ALIEN BULLCRAP THAT YOU CAN DO! SO WHAT IF YOU BREATH UNDERWATER?! SO WHAT IF YOU HAVE HORNS AND GRAY SKIN AND YELLOW EYES?! SO FUCKING WHAT IF YOU GLOW IN THE DARK?! I FIND THAT REALLY FUCKING COOL BUT I KNOW THAT YOU'RE SCARED SO I DIDN'T MAKE A DAMN PEEP ABOUT IT UNTIL NOW! I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO EVEN KNOWS ABOUT YOUR PREDICAMENT AND I WANT TO HELP YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"

You stopped and breathed harshly. Your larynx felt like it had gotten sandpaper rubbed through it. Cronus stared at you, his glowing eyes wide and his hands over his mouth.

"Cronus..." you rasped. "We've known each other for 4 years. I really do love you with all my heart. In fact, I... I was going to ask you a really important question next week... But... If you're going to start thinking about me the way you are right now... I might just wait until you're back to normal... And then... And then..." you couldn't finish. You had to take more gulps of air.

A glowing tear rolled down Cronus' cheek. His hands came away from his mouth.

"Honey... I... holy shit..." he took a step forward. "Sweets, were you actually gonna pop the question?"

You nodded. He laughed, haltingly at first, then with more spirit.

"I..." his expression dropped. "Okay, I was a little bit of an ass."

You cleared your throat.

"'Kay, maybe more than a little. I'm sorry, (Name)..." he looked down at himself. "I wanna be human again."

You reached up and rubbed his shoulders tenderly.

"Don't worry, love. We'll find a solution. There always is one."

~~~~~

After Cronus drifted off to sleep, you got out of bed and crept downstairs. You needed to take your mind off your fight.

You sat on the couch and flipped on the tv. You watched the news, which for once had something other than stories about the latest murder or kidnapping. You watched intently for a few minutes before you switched off the tv and went into the kitchen.

You had stowed the black cube on the counter and there it sat still.

You plucked it off the counter and then went to the other room and sat on the couch. You looked it over once more. It still seemed dead.

"Hey there," you said. Maybe talking was the way to switch it on.

"So you kinda turned my boyfriend into an alien. He's pretty upset about it. I really wish you could turn him back."

No response.

"What do you even do? Are you just some dead piece of technology?"

Nothing.

"What planet do you come from? What race made you?"

Nix.

"Hello?"

Zilch. You shook the cube.

"Are you just gonna troll me all night?"

The screen flickered on.

You yelped and dropped it on the coffee table. It landed screen up and buzzed. Suddenly, a tiny holographic figure appeared on top of the screen. It looked like a human at first, but you noticed that it had two horns on the top of it's head. The hologram cleared it's voice.

"Greetings," it said. It's voice was feminine. A woman?

"If you are listening to this message, then you have most likely discovered a meteor we sent. Please do not be alarmed. I will explain exactly why it is that whatever being may have experienced physical alterations gained such changes. We are a race known as trolls. We are dying. About 30 sweeps ago, our warlike society finally gave a last hurrah in a civil war that destroyed about 9,000 trolls. We are now few in number and we are running out of time. Some of us age faster than others and among those are some of our most brilliant synthegineers and symbientists. We have put this together in a last ditch attempt to save our race from extinction. It may seem intrusive and perhaps hostile, we understand, and if you view it as such, we apologize... W-we apologize..."

At this point, the voice began to quaver and the figure seemed to sob. You heard a small voice in the background.

"Ilosey? You want me to take over?"

The figure pulled herself together and sniffed.

"No thanks. Forgive me for my small bout of psychasthenia. Anyway, we apologize if you view this as a hostile act. We are desperate now and are pulling out all the stops in an attempt at repopulation. The form of which is by transforming species into their Alternian counterpart. For example, bipedal flesh-baring beasts with hair on the top of their capitulum would be the closest to our species. Also, perhaps I should mention that trolls have different colored blood relating to their status in society. However, that is only on our planet. Whatever species is transmutated into our race may not have that factored in and their blood color may seem completely random. Also, when we are newborn, we are, in fact, hatched from eggs and crawl about as little grubs, which are-"

The figure glanced off somewhere.

"O-oh, but I do apologize, I'm getting carried away again. In summary, our species is desperate and if you or anyone you know has gone through this transmutation, it is the attempt at repopulation working. Also, if the transmutated trolls wonder about breeding, please know that if you are to mate with your original species, the Alternian genetics will always be dominant. This program is called the Metamorphosis Project. We truly hope that you are capable of empathizing with us and accept life as trolls. To those of you who do not wish to remain as our species, please know that we never intended to harm you. We're at the end of our metaphorical rope. If you wish to return yourself to your original form, press the screen on this cube in. There is a liniment inside that if replicated, may serve to return others to their original state. But please, PLEASE at least consider remaining in your transmutated form, if only for a little while. Please."

The figure sighed.

"You have our gratitude for taking the time to view this hologram. If you choose to help us rebuild our race on your planet, we wish you the best of luck and thank you from the bottom of our collapsing and expanding vascular system hemopumpers."

The figure flickered then shut off.

"Whoa," said a voice behind you. Your head whipped around to find Cronus standing behind you, staring at the cube.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough. That was, uh... That was some pretty heavy stuff."

"Yeah... Cronus?"

"Hm?"

"You know you're not alone here, right?"

"Whadda you mean?"

You reached for the remote and flicked on the tv. A reporter's face appeared on the screen. The label under her read 'Bess Turner'.

"... Are still unclear on exactly where these odd meteors came from. World leaders are already discussing whether this phenomenon should be studied and embraced. Meanwhile, the effect of these meteors on humans is a startling physical change. After exposure to the meteors, civilians have begun to transform into strange beings with gray skin, orange horns and different colored blood, while showing no signs of any changes in personality or mentality. Authorities have decided to watch and wait to see if any other changes occur before delving deeper into the matter of: should we embrace this new culture that has been introduced to us? Or should it be exter-" you turned off the tv before she could make Cronus fear the government anymore than he already did.

"Huh." Cronus muttered.

You looked back down at the cube. Could such little things have caused such a calamity? You reached for it and pressed the screen. The cube hissed and popped. It split down the middle and widened, opening itself. Inside of the box was a little metal vial. Cronus came around the couch and sat next to you. He reached over and plucked the vial from the box. He turned it slowly, examining it. He twisted the cap off and smelled it. Cronus' face contorted with disgust.

"What does it smell like?"

"I dunno, but it's godawful!" He peered into the vial.

"Welp... sorry, aliens! But you ain't gettin' me! Human born, raised and cool as hell!"

Cronus downed the contents. His eyes flew open.

"Oh... ugh, oh fuck." He coughed and hacked. "That's nasty! Ugh, the hell is that?!" He stood up and ran into the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" you called after him.

"That's the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth!" he yelled back before there was the sound of the faucet being turned on and the sound of fast gulping. The faucet turned on again, but this time there was a smashing sound and silence.

"Cronus?" you called out. You got off the couch and entered the kitchen.

The glass Cronus had used was in pieces. Cronus lay unconscious, his palm cut by one of the pieces. Sure enough, violet seeped from the cut. The faucet was still on.

You crossed to the sink, stepping carefully, and turned off the water. You bent down and hoisted Cronus up. He groaned, but didn't do much else.

You stepped as carefully as you could around where you saw glass and dragged Cronus up to the bedroom.

As you tried to climb the stairs with Cronus on your back, you felt a little sad that Cronus had made the decision so quickly. But, he had hated it, and if that was so, you were glad that he was going to be human when he awoke.

As you reached the top of the stairs, a dark thought entered your mind; what if he didn't wake up? What if that hadn't been a cure, but poison? What if it was a conform or die thing, where the aliens would kill those who didn't wish to remain a... troll, was it? Cronus snored and that thought was put to the side.

You set Cronus on the bed. In the darkness, he still glowed, but as you watched, it was ever-so-slowly beginning to fade.

You'd miss the Cronus with his sensitive fins, his gills, his glow in the dark freckles, even his horns. It was fun while it lasted, but if Cronus was happy being human, then you were happy too. And to be honest, you still wondered what the deal had been with his D.

After going downstairs and cleaning up the glass, you came back upstairs and settled down next to Cronus and peered at the clock. 3:20 AM.

You wanted to stay awake and watch the transformation, but as the minutes ticked by, and you lay next to him, you could feel your eyes beginning to droop. You decided to let them. You'd see the result tomorrow morning anyway.

~~~~~

"HOLY TRAVOLTA YES!!"

You awoke with a start to Cronus screaming and whooping. He was in the bathroom.

"(Name)!" He entered the bedroom and posed, flexing his sinewy muscles. Tan skin, brown locks, white sclera. It looked as though it truly had been a cure

"What do ya think, beautiful? I think that stuff made me even more of a sex bomb than before, if possible."

He was naked. You tried your best not to let your eyes trail down to his D.

"Very nice, Cronus."

"Hells yeah!"

He sauntered over and sat down right next to you. You tried to avert your eyes. He put an arm around you and drew you close.

"I should write a song about this, ya know. Somethin' cool."

"Mm-hm."

"Why ya lookin' away?"

"'Cause you're naked, Cronus."

"And?"

"And right now, I'd like it if you could put on some pants."

"But my dick's back! Don'tcha want to do somethin' a bit more..." he clicked his tongue.

"I'd rather go make some breakfast right now." You got up and started for the door. Behind you, you heard Cronus flop down across the bed and sigh loudly. You turned around (keeping your eyes as best you could on his face) and went back towards him, sitting down next to his head.

"I'll make your favorite; churros and chocolate caliente."

That got a small smile out of him.

"And then," you scooted back on the bed and straddled his hips. Cronus sat up a bit, propping himself on his elbows. "Tonight," you said, leaning forward. Cronus' cheeks turned rosy as you loomed over him. "I am gonna blow. Your. Mind." You whispered in a deep, husky voice.

Cronus' eyes brightened and his cheeks went bright red. One thing most did not guess about you was that you could have the aura of a domineering goddess when you were in the mood.

"Ya promise, gorgeous?"

"Promise. Now go put on some pants, please." You hopped off his hips and started again to the door. You heard the rustle of fabric as Cronus slipped on some sweatpants. As you went downstairs to start making churros, you giggled to yourself.

Sure Cronus could be whiny and a little arrogant sometimes, but other times he was sweet and affectionate. He would spend days trying to write a song for you, he would make dinner 3 out of 7 days, and he had awesome date ideas.

You could act as though the alien metamorphosis had never happened as much as you both wanted, but you knew that with the changes taking place all over the world now, it was going to be hard for Cronus to forget the time he spent with a gray skinned, orange horned body. You knew that. And you would do your best to keep his mind off it by loving him for the rest of your days. As his wife.