72) Hicks

"Finding lack in others is not the path to liking what you see in yourself."

-  Abraham Hicks

•♦•

I'm not a bully or anything, but I think I can relate to this. I can be a bit passive aggressive, mostly with my family. I isolate myself and when I'm in a mood I ignore people who I know are seeking me out. I feel really bad later and try to make it up to them, but I don't really apologize, which is kind of terrible. I also have trouble looking at most people positively. The first thing I notice when I look at someone is often something negative. I need to work on viewing others with generosity and compassion.

As for liking yourself, that is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. A few days ago I had my first appointment with a therapist. She was just going through a bunch of questions so she could come up with a plan moving forward. One of the questions was if I thought I could say something I like about myself. I said, yeah, probably, I don't have great self-esteem, but I have some positive traits. Then she asks me for an example, and I was completely at a loss. I'm telling you, I don't hate myself or anything, I just genuinely couldn't think of anything.

Anyways, I've been thinking about that ever since and questioning the way I view myself and others. I found this quote floating around and decided to rant.