o2

"How was the first day back?" Yiyang questioned the younger one.

"It was meh," Guanlin answered as he drank a can of coke. "I've had better first days."

"Same." Yiyang took a sip from her own can of coke. "But, it wasn't entirely boring."

"Why?"

"Well, I got to sit next to Bae Jinyoung," Yiyang informed with a small smile appearing.

Guanlin always choked on his coke when he heard Jinyoung's name. "What's so good about that?" Guanlin snorted.

"Bae Jinyoung's like the most popular boy in school! Sitting next to him is like a privilege," Yiyang explained. "Plus, he was really nice to me and he entertained me a lot in class."

"I'm nice to you too. I'm almost as popular as him. And I entertain you as well. Why don't you feel privilege to be hanging out with me every night?"

Yiyang laughed at the words of the younger one.

"You know, every girl would die to be in your position. Especially Jeon Somi."

"Well, then why don't you hang out with Jeon Somi and I'll hang out with Bae Jinyoung?" Yiyang jokingly asked. "It'll be a win-win situation for all four of us."

"Because Somi isn't you," Guanlin answered, making Yiyang's heart skip a beat. "Hanging out with her wouldn't be the same. Plus, she's not the type of person I would hang out with."

"I'm honoured." Yiyang took another sip and smiled widely.

"You should be!" Guanlin half-exclaimed making Yiyang giggle.

A few minutes of silence entered as the two simply sat in their usual spots with blankets wrapping their lower half while gazing at the stars.

Unconsciously, Guanlin found himself changing his focus to Yiyang. Admiring her side profile as if she was the most beautiful person he's ever seen.

"Yah, Lai Guanlin," Yiyang called out to him without moving her eyes away from the sky. "Like what you see?" A teasing smirk appeared on Yiyang's face.

"W-what." Guanlin was caught off guard. "I-I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to eat something."

"Eat? At this hour?" Yiyang shook her head. "I'm going on a diet this year."

"Oh, yeah. Right." A forced chuckle left his mouth. He sighs a little in relief that he was able to make up a lie.

Yiyang knew that he was lying. But she didn't want to mention anything.

"It's getting late. Shall we head back in?" Yiyang question Guanlin as she yawned lightly.

"Sure. Let's go."

.

unedited

.

donghyun's having a vlive tomorrow :]
today's a good day