o3

"Jie, how do I do this?" Guanlin showed his homework to Yiyang who was also doing her own homework.

"Differentiating cos will become negative sin. So, the answer would be negative three sin three x."

Guanlin's face and mind was completely blank. He couldn't bring himself to focus on his boring homework. "What?"

Yiyang sighs gently with her signature calm smile as she puts the pencil down and looks at Guanlin. "Why don't we take a break. You're clearly unable to focus."

"No, I have to finish this homework tonight," Guanlin refused Yiyang offer while shaking her head. "It's due tomorrow."

"You sure?" Yiyang's eyebrow raised.

"Yes, yes. Just explain to me this question instead." Guanlin pointed to the next question in his textbook.

Yiyang nodded and tried her best to explained the next question to Guanlin.

Yiyang didn't even know why she knew how to the questions since her additional mathematics wasn't the best.

Maybe because it was Guanlin. She wanted to show him that she was able to take care of him. She wanted to be the one that Guanlin and lean on when he needs anything, like how he does for her.

Regardless of how Guanlin views her as, she was still older than him. It made her feel a slight sense of responsibility from him.

"Get it?" Yiyang asked after explaining to him, hoping that he finally did.

"Let me try," Guanlin said as he began doing the next question.

Yiyang nodded and allowed him to do it while she went back to doing her Chemistry homework.

"Sodium Chloride. Potassium Chloride."

"Is it like this?" Guanlin questioned as he showed Yiyang his homework.

Yiyang checked his homework and smiled widely. "Is absolutely correct. You're getting the hang of it!"

"And all thanks to you," Guanlin added with a smile and hugged Yiyang.

On the outside, she was as calm as the ocean on a normal sunny day. On the inside, she was as excited as the ocean during a thunderstorm.

Hugging Guanlin felt warm. She liked the feeling. But, soon, Guanlin broke the hug.

"Do you need help with your homework?"

"I do, but I don't think you can do it. You haven't learnt it yet," Yiyang answered and focused on her homework. "I'll just text my friends about it."

Guanlin felt terrible for not being able to help Yiyang with her homework. But what could he do besides encourage her and give her support?

.

unedited

.

i did 3 updates today, wow