Chapter 17

"How are you feeling?" Albus asked his friend. He sat at the foot of Katrina's hospital bed. Sabrina had braided her hair, and Madame Pomfrey had bandaged her leg and given her antidote for the poison on the arrow.

"I'm feeling tons better. I'm still feeling drowsy, but I'm sure I'll be fine in time to do the first task in six days." She grunted as she tried to sit up. Albus assisted her.

"Just be careful," he insisted.

"Aren't I always?"

"No."

"Details."

"Kat..."

"Okay, Okay, I'll be careful. I didn't know you cared." Albus smiled. 

"Don't flatter yourself." Katrina grinned, but then sighed.

"Ugh, I wish I could get out of this darn bed." Albus frowned sympathetically.

"Just get some rest, okay? I promise you'll be out of here in no time." Katrina heaved another sigh.

"Yeah, okay." It upset Albus to see his friend so distressed.

" Tell you what, I'll go down to the great hall and get us some hot chocolate."

"Okay, that sounds great," she said. Albus got up and left the hospital wing. As soon as he was gone, Katrina deflated, sighing once more. She glanced out the window and saw a bunch of kids having a normal snowball fight on the grounds, and wished she wasn't stuck in the hospital wing. Even if she didn't win the tournament, she promised herself she would beat Thomas.